• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we stop blaming Kasey

Panther53521

I forgot he played for the Saints. Yuck.

But regarding a super bowl loss the passage of time helps put things into better perspective. We did not lose either of our two appearances because of one single play. The folks who hone in on the Kasay kick or the Newton fumble are just being emotional and ignorant. Which unfortunately is very common in general in sports fandom.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Panther53521 said:

Yes the kickoff out of bounds was a mistake, but even if the Pats had to start inside the 20, they still had a good chance to get close enough for the FG.

the Stadium was warm that day, and you can tell by the way all scores where in late 1st half and 4 quarter.

our great defense didn’t sack Brady

Pats had the ball for 39 mins

We allowed 481 yards on defense

we started going to 2 points to early

our defense was extremely tired

we had a hell of a chance to win with all this going against us.

Please stop blaming Kasey, if not for him that year and his winning FG’s all year long, we would not even been in the Super Bowl 

K-Ci & JoJo - Tell Me It's Real - YouTube

Tale of two halves. The way that game was going, everyone knew it would come down to the last team with the ball. As soon as it went out of bounds, I knew it was over. Was Kasay a great kicker? Best this team ever had. Was he the only reason they lost that game. Heck no! Was that kick a huge contributing factor? Yes. You better F'n believe it was...

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

Can we keep blaming cheating-ass Belichick and his video camera from Hell???

Thank you. The league literally destroyed the evidence of it's investigation of Patriots cheating during this period. Why would you destroy the evidence of your own internal investigation? I'll give you a reason: because it uncovered evidence that called into question the validity of the final outcome of a Super Bowl, something the league would probably do anything to keep hidden.

Kasay did so many good things during his career as a Panther, why would any true fan look to blame him for the SB loss while ignoring Patriots cheating as a factor?

Oh right, cause the Patriots are such a quality organization and we all love them anyway, especially Brady.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

gotta love sports man. never forget. kasey will never be forgiven, nor will Cleat Blakeman.

Kasy was very good at what he did for a very long time.  I can easily forgive him one mistake.  The day in day out professional incompetence of Jerome Boger I will neither forgive nor forget. fug the league for keeping him employed.

10 hours ago, Panther53521 said:

Yes the kickoff out of bounds was a mistake, but even if the Pats had to start inside the 20, they still had a good chance to get close enough for the FG.

the Stadium was warm that day, and you can tell by the way all scores where in late 1st half and 4 quarter.

our great defense didn’t sack Brady

Pats had the ball for 39 mins

We allowed 481 yards on defense

we started going to 2 points to early

our defense was extremely tired

we had a hell of a chance to win with all this going against us.

Please stop blaming Kasey, if not for him that year and his winning FG’s all year long, we would not even been in the Super Bowl 

No

Kasay did not lose the game. The game was stolen from us by that cheater bill.

Kaday is a legend and deserves a place of honor here. He was the true elder of the team and had the respect of everyone on it, and if they respected him, who am I to say differently?

Of all the things i've seen him do, the thing that impressed me the most was when Smitty sucker punched Lucas.

Smith was out of control in that moment. Beason was the one who stepped in and had the guts to pull smith off Lucas so he deserves props too.

But when it was over, 89 knew he had fugged up royally. You could see it on his face. He went and sought out the elder statesman of the team, Kasay and Kasay turned into Smith's big brother and accountability partner at the same time.

That's what I think of when I think of Kasay. He was the guy you needed to have on your team/tribe when you fugged up avd you know it  and needed reassurance that you'll get better from this rather than shamed and condemned.

And he was an incredibly reliable kicker too over the decades.

You aren't and shouldn't be defined by one instance where things go wrong. You are and should be defined by who you are and what you do when things fall apart for yourself or someone near you.

• Beer 3