• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody else think we are putting to much on Bryce's plate?

DennisM1

4 hours ago, DennisM1 said:

I love Bryce, I think he's the future, but let's not act like he has a wonderful offensive room to work with... then I remember Tepper saying well he's so good we won't have to spend money on recover we can put it into defense..(before he's even taken a snap) I'm not too sure.. I'm worried it might stunt his development he needs a guy he can grow with that's going to make those special plays and those hard plays look easy, I just think we should invest in a true star WR1 or TE

We don't know what's been put on him yet. It's fuging July people.

For clarification.. when I say too much on his plate I don't mean mentally, playbook , playing him etc I mean who we are SURROUNDING him with! We saw Cam literally give out from CARRYING this team! We need other legit playmakers not rookies or past their prime vets or injury prone guys who have never played a full NFL Season 

5 hours ago, csx said:

That's not what Tepper said. He hinted at being able to focus on defense in the second round.

Then they went and took a WR with the second pick. Mingo....and stated it was for Bryce to have a WR to grow with.

He's surrounded by veteren talent and quality coaches. He will be here a long time. This isn't the end of the talent aquiring for his career.

That's false lol he was talking about team building in the future compared him to Mahomes and how they didn't have great WRs but a special QB lol that ain't happening here ima tell you that right now

6 hours ago, DennisM1 said:

I love Bryce, I think he's the future, but let's not act like he has a wonderful offensive room to work with... then I remember Tepper saying well he's so good we won't have to spend money on recover we can put it into defense..(before he's even taken a snap) I'm not too sure.. I'm worried it might stunt his development he needs a guy he can grow with that's going to make those special plays and those hard plays look easy, I just think we should invest in a true star WR1 or TE

Well, the thing you have to remember is Tepper is an idiot.

• Pie 1

I don't think any of us have any clue what we're going to put on Bryce's plate just yet and we won't until we get into the season. Talk is talk. We'll have to see what we do. I do think we went out and signed a legit vet FA RB to take some of the pressure off of Bryce and be able to establish the run to setup the pass when need be.

• Pie 1

The coaches know what to do.

I have learned a long time ago, to train someone … you push until they hit a wall, then back off a little, let them gather themselves and when ready you start pushing again. Sounds like Bryce’s first wall was way past what the coaches expected it to be.

so we are setup good, but don’t expect a SUPER BOWL or NFL MVP the first year. But do hope for rookie of the year.

Edited by Panther53521

3 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

While I think Young will be great... I do believe the expectations are being set too high for year 1. He is going to make mistakes as he get up to NFL speed but over time, he will calm down. 

Expectations are supposed to be high when you're the #1 overall pick.

Bryce has had high expectations since highschool. I think playoffs are a realistic goal with him at QB. Some may disagree, but I believe he has the talent and the roster around him to accomplish this goal.

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Expectations are supposed to be high when you're the #1 overall pick.

Bryce has had high expectations since highschool. I think playoffs are a realistic goal with him at QB. Some may disagree, but I believe he has the talent and the roster around him to accomplish this goal.

Which rookie QB has taken his team to the playoffs that was drafting top 10 in the past decade? That's very unrealistic