• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Henderson

NAS

Hadn't seen this interview posted on the huddle. 

Sharing this because Henderson is showing he is critical of his own production, and know for him to get to where he wants to be, he must play with consistency.  

Yes this is a no Brainer, but the feeling I get from most of the critical comments of him, is he just doesn't care to be the player he is capable of being. 

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

From the way it sounds, Evero's defense funnels passing plays towards CB1. That would mean that CJ is rarely going to be on an island by himself (unless he happens to be CB1 on the play, of course). With a player who's confidence has been shaky at times, that could go a long ways towards making him a meaningful contributor to the defense.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, NAS said:

Apparently he is really stepping up this camp and may resurrect his career. It would be a welcome surprise if he can live up to his potential in this new defense under Evero.

It will be huge if he does step up this year. Although he needs to prove it, it may save us from spending a draft pick on that position next year. 

• Pie 1

It is wild we had clowns on here saying we should release a former top 10 pick on a rookie deal who has ever been part of atrocious coaching staffs. I think we’re in for a surprise with CJ, dude didn’t just forget how to play CB after college 

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

Contract years matter more.

hate to say it but I’ve seen this show before and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the primary cause. People try hardest when their money is on the line.

I will take a contract year performance if it helps us win the division and make the playoffs, even if he ultimately signs with someone else for the big payday.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Honestly, I didn't think he was bad last year when he was our #3 corner. When he had to play #1 corner due to injuries and was matched up on Mike Evans with no safety help, everyone could have predicted what would happen...

Well. He was bad enough to where the competent staff we have in place didn't give him that extra year on his Rookie deal. 

22 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'm really hoping he steps it up this year but I'm not holding my breath.

He had wilks as a DB Coach last year and did not improve, so I don't know if this staff will be able to unlock his potential either.

Then again, the scheme could be a better fit, but we'll see.

Like you. I'm hoping for the best, but trying to tamper my expectations. I don't need him to suddenly become a lock down CB, just a solid back up.