• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday Panthers Practice - Pads go on today!

Zod

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, LaFell did bring us Oh Wee Mayne.  Which pretty much makes him second only to DJ Moore in terms of the greatest WR post 89 to date. 

Nah....even Benjamin had more yds and tds than LaFell playing 20 less games. Ginn, Samuel and Funchess both scored more tds in same or fewer games. LaFell doesnt even come close to 2nd anything 

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I've always been fortunate that I never had either.  I could see concussions also being something somebody is always thinking about once they've had a bad one or more than one.

Friend of mine was an NCAA basketball referee for a long time.  His career on the court ended with an Achilles.

I probably had 4 or 5, with one being really bad.

Let me just tell ya, crossing routes, and punt and kickoff returns were never the same.

18 minutes ago, csx said:

Nah....even Benjamin had more yds and tds than LaFell playing 20 less games. Ginn, Samuel and Funchess both scored more tds in same or fewer games. LaFell doesnt even come close to 2nd anything 

I repeat, LaFell gave us Oh Wee Mayne.  The value of that outweighs whatever that lazy fatty WR named Kelvin did.  Same lazy WR that forced Cam to chase down that DB.  The shoulder that essentially ended Cam's career. 

I'll die on this hill. 

2 hours ago, csx said:

Went there last year for first time in 20 years. Wilmington is a dump. Surprised how it downtown has gone nowhere while other cities have cleaned up and revitalized.

Agreed. I went for a wedding a few years back. It was kind of sad. 

I asked a buddy if he knew any spots there as he lived there only two years prior at the time. He was like "I haven't lived there in two years, I don't know what's good anymore." I went there and was like you don't know what's good anymore? This place sucks ass, there can't be too many spots that are good. 

35 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

You should have seen it 30+ years ago.  Was like walking back in time to the 60's.

Ha. I hate to say it but I was close. I used to venture down there all the time about 18-20 years ago. 

It was a lot more fun than it is now. 

6 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I kind of wish they had these practices at night. It has to be hell for these players practicing in this heat. This has been the hottest summer on record. Sucks for them but I understand that football you must be prepared to play in any conditions.

It's not the hottest summer on record. I know you've been around here for a while but it hasn't been any hotter, other than one day last week, than any time in the past 10,000 years for Spartanburg. Law of averages. Now the lows are back down into the low 60's which is quite low for July and August. It's always 90 to 95 degrees and steaming this time of year. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Just now, CPcavedweller said:

It's not the hottest summer on record. I know you've been around here for a while but it hasn't been any hotter, other than one day last week, than any time in the past 10,000 years for Spartanburg. Law of averages. Now the lows are back down into the low 60's which is quite low for July and August. It's always 90 to 95 degrees and steaming this time of year. 

I meant Nationally it's been reported as the hottest summer on record for the entire US.

I apologize if I confused some people.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I meant Nationally it's been reported as the hottest summer on record for the entire US.

I apologize if I confused some people.

You didn't confuse anyone. You made a misleading statement.

• Poo 1