• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Friday 08.04 Practice Thread

therealmjl

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Why is he still on the team?

We need a swing tackle bad. Was here last year, good locker room guy, knows the players (Icky). Very hard to find a quality backup tackle in this league, he was honestly the best available 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

We need a swing tackle bad. Was here last year, good locker room guy, knows the players (Icky). Very hard to find a quality backup tackle in this league, he was honestly the best available 

This. He was welcomed back by most for his role in Icky’s development.

That said I hope he never sees the field other than in jumbo packages.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

From all reports, the guy is a helluva lockeroom guy but God forbid we need him on the field. We could use another backup OT or two. I think Zavala and Mays can play OT if pressed, but I'd rather get a dedicated player for that.

I did love when they would put him out there in the jumbo package last year

• Pie 4

Will be very interesting to see if Kobe Jones and Eku Leota make the team as their names keep popping up during camp.

Brandon Smith and Amare Barno might want to watch out for their roster spots, especially if they were more Rhule's selections than they were Fitterer's.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Will be very interesting to see if Kobe Jones and Eku Leota make the team as their names keep popping up during camp.

Brandon Smith and Amare Barno might want to watch out for their roster spots, especially if they were more Rhule's selections than they were Fitterer's.

Plus other vet LB that's had 3 or 4 picks, ILB depth might not be as bad as once thought. Makes Smith particularly vulnerable with Deion Jones added and I believe Steve Smith is high on Bumper Pool even though he's probably getting no hype running with the 3rd string

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

fellas, is it California of you to walk with your gf in public 

as a Californian, I truly have no idea what this was supposed to mean.

like saying "oh ya that's really Texan to walk your dog".

• Pie 5

6 minutes ago, Icege said:

Hearing these relatively unknown players flashing consistently during camp is what adds much needed excitement to the preseason games.  I'm definitely going to be keying in on guys like these two, and Grugier-Hill which is another name we've been hearing a lot of. 

• Beer 1