• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Von Miller: The Panthers were the better team

Mr. Scot

24 minutes ago, Manna said:

I agreed with his decision not to jump on it then and I still do now. it wouldn't have made a difference because the fix was in. I still can't watch highlights of SB50 to this day and I don't know if I ever will be able to. 

It would have been like 3rd and a mile as well. 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Never bought into the "fix" theories, but have said and continue to say that Newton was in no position to fall on that football.

It was too close to his feet. Unless he could have somehow dropped straight down (a physical impossibility) there was just no way for that to happen.

This 100%. It also looked like Cam was anticipating the ball bouncing and changing direction. That moment has always just been an excuse for F-150's to spew their hate. 

• Pie 1

I did then and still blame the loss in the Superbowl on Ron Rivera.  I told my cousin before the game the weakness on the team was Remmers on the right side of the line and we will know how the game is going to go based on that AND of course we all know the rest.  The fact Rivera allowed that to happen, and worse, made no adjustments (how it appeared watching) to give Remmers help and not allow one player to totally destroy the team is why the Panthers lost that game.  Everything else everyone talks about is easily overcome and probably doesn't matter if the coaching staff did a better job - starting with the main guy Rivera.   

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Don't think it matters.   They weren't stopping Carolina without a poo ton of luck.  And the one man show with the horseshoe essentially confirmed that. 

Denver O was a dumpster fire.   Carolina could of won just punting and playing field position.  Wade Phillips doesn't change that.   

I wish we lost the coin toss so bad. Would have had to start the game with our MVP QB getting the ball instead of the defense having to get settled in and letting up a cheap FG. but you know moRon...

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ron Rivera and Mike Shula vs Wade Phillips definitely mattered.

Atlanta had given everyone the blueprint for beating us already. Phillips followed it, and our staff did nothing to counter them.

In fairness, injuries hurt us to an extent.  

Brown was having a good game until he went out.  And I still think that if Stewart didn't get hurt, we win the game.  He was starting to have an impact when he went out.  Tolbert replaced him, and his fumble when we were driving to tie or take the lead really hurt.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

Feels a bit validating to hear him say this at least. Like Greg Olsen said on the same podcast, the Panthers picked the worst time to play their worst game of the year. Everything that could go wrong went wrong, and somehow it was still within reach in the second half. 

Look, the Broncos had Wade Phillips, Demarcus Ware, Von Miller, and a number of other dudes who were really, really good. That defense was nasty. Go back and watch the AFC Championship Game where even Brady looked like he was playing in Week 3 or something.

They were dynamite in the Post Season and it showed.

11 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

In fairness, injuries hurt us to an extent.  

Brown was having a good game until he went out.  And I still think that if Stewart didn't get hurt, we win the game.  He was starting to have an impact when he went out.  Tolbert replaced him, and his fumble when we were driving to tie or take the lead really hurt.  

Didn't Philly go down because of a dirty play by A--hole Talib that went uncalled?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Didn't Philly go down because of a dirty play by A--hole Talib that went uncalled?

I recall Talib taking multiple illegal shots that went uncalled except one. After the game I believe he said he did it intentionally as well. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I have no problem rewatching highlights of 38, or even the full game if it's on.

Not 50 though. I wouldn't watch a single moment of that even at gunpoint 🤬

I've re-watched 38 several times. It was a damn good game. Although some re-watches I stop after after the Muhammad touchdown, because as soon as it cuts to Foxy holding up 2 fingers, I get flashbacks to the worry sneaking in while I was watching the game live. And I've never made it to the Kasay kickoff while re-watching.

50 was a miserable night, and I can't relive it. The worst end to one of the most incredible teams and incredible seasons in NFL history. That team should be in discussion of one of the best of all time, and I think anyone serious about the game knows it. Instead that team and that season is and will only be remembered as a gif of Cam not falling on the fumble.

Fug SB50.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Manna said:

I recall Talib taking multiple illegal shots that went uncalled except one. After the game I believe he said he did it intentionally as well. 

It was called and he said he did it on purpose because the ball was inside the 3 already. That was when we scored the TD so he figured fug it, 1st and goal at the 3 yard line or 1.5 yard line is the same thing.

I still think that a healthy KB was sorely missed. He had zero issues week 1 against that same D and Talib and their secondary can’t toss him around like Ginn and Brown. I know KB went off the rails but it sucked not to have him there against that D.

5 hours ago, CRA said:

yep.  Refs made the ultimate difference.  Those big Bronco plays were all aided by overlooking penalties.   Almost every game changing play the Broncos had included a hit to the head or illegal bat of the ball.   And they won the game off those select plays. 

I agree 100%.  Funny coming from you, who went on and on about how that's just life in the NFL and if you lost, you deserved to lose with all of the other imperfections in your game.   Here you are still complaining about a game 7+ years later. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I agree 100%.  Funny coming from you, who went on and on about how that's just life in the NFL and if you lost, you deserved to lose with all of the other imperfections in your game.   Here you are still complaining about a game 7+ years later. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Keeping those receipts!

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, CRA said:

well, technically, the next game was the most disgusting display of officiating I have ever seen.  Think the NFL was out to attempt to clean up the look of the Super Bowl by giving Denver another W to followup that ring.  If I was a millionaire dollar QB I would have retired after that opening game vs Denver.   Because it cements that outside factors can and do have too big of an impact on the results.  Games can definitely be influenced.  And I'd have f you money and wouldn't be risking my body like that anymore. 

That opening game in 2016 led me to send emails to newspapers, the commissioner etc etc

quite the optic to allow the reigning MVP to take vicious, launch hits to the head over and over again all the while talking about CTE 

Say what you will but Newton was never the same 

I pray for health in his old age