• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey guys, it's 2011 not 2015.

Zod

Expectations for a rookie QB and new staff have been unreasonable.

I wouldn't be surprised to slip in to a playoff spot but that would likely result in Reich being a contender for coach of the year.

Vegas number is 7.5

Edited by csx

15 minutes ago, Zod said:

This will be a losing season, just like 2011 was.

The fun in it is that we get to watch a young team grow into what we hope will be a playoff team. 

By year 3 I suspect we will be there.

Agree. 

You guys have to be honest with yourselves, we’re not that good. 

Our WR position currently is quite poor until some of these young guys step up.
OG position is a question mark, Christensen is better at the swing OT position and Cade Mays is an unproven 6th rounder.

We have no depth at the 3-4 D-line spot, we had to sign street guys like Nick Thurmond and Taylor Stallworth for Christ sake 

Be realistic 

• Pie 4

10 minutes ago, NAS said:

Disagree.  2011 came after 1-15 season. 

We didn’t earn the #1 pick this year, we traded up from #9 to get Bryce Young after finishing 7-10 and second in NFC South. 

My expectations are more 2013. Playoff appearance. 

I mean, I don't know how you guys can realistically expect the playoffs with everything so new, but more power to you. If this were a normal year in a normal division, we wouldn't be sniffing the playoffs. Every team in our division is supposed to make for a weak division, much like last season, but there are scenarios where that may not be true (and if history is our guide, it won't be true). That being said, we are basically the newest kid on the block so to speak. I would say that the Saints (if not the Falcons), are supposed to be farther along the curve than we are. There's a lot of inexperience with our team. 

• Pie 2

We seem to forget year after year that way too much stock is put into meaningless preseason games. Yes we have plenty to work on and plenty of guys need to step up. Yes, there will be plenty of bumps in the road. And yes, this team will be in contention for a playoff birth the entire season. If Bryce stays healthy and continues his developmental trajectory, we will have a winning record. Hot takes about preseason games are pointless but we have fun discussing it all until the real games start.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Agree. 

You guys have to be honest with yourselves, we’re not that good. 

Our WR position currently is quite poor until some of these young guys step up.
OG position is a question mark, Christensen is better at the swing OT position and Cade Mays is an unproven 6th rounder.

We have no depth at the 3-4 D-line spot, we had to sign street guys like Nick Thurmond and Taylor Stallworth for Christ sake 

Be realistic 

I don't agree about our receiving corps. Young guys, evev the ones that that have had zero opportunities to step up doesn't automatically equal to poor; inexperience simply means that they haven't had the opportunity to show off their full potential. Plus, we have a couple of talented vets, not to mention a pass-catching TE that can't be taken for granted.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, NAS said:

Disagree.  2011 came after 1-15 season. 

We didn’t earn the #1 pick this year, we traded up from #9 to get Bryce Young after finishing 7-10 and second in NFC South. 

My expectations are more 2013. Playoff appearance. 

2-14. Don’t disrespect that Fox’s worst season was better than Seiferts worst. 

4 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

We seem to forget year after year that way too much stock is put into meaningless preseason games. Yes we have plenty to work on and plenty of guys need to step up. Yes, there will be plenty of bumps in the road. And yes, this team will be in contention for a playoff birth the entire season. If Bryce stays healthy and continues his developmental trajectory, we will have a winning record. Hot takes about preseason games are pointless but we have fun discussing it all until the real games start.

I find it funny people on here are using a bad preseason game to get drunk like it is the real season and we are hopelessly terrible. 
People need to get their priorities straight. 

• Pie 3

Sorry but gonna have to strongly disagree here. We’re coming off a 7 win season not a 2 win season, and our 2 biggest weaknesses we’re coaching and QB both of which we upgraded significantly. In this division I think anything short of a playoff appearance is a disappointment.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1