• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just how much time did Bryce have?

ncfan

Stroud had some time on that pick because it was 3rd and 20 so he got soft zone, and I'm guessing they added the few times he rolled out of the pocket to avoid immediate sacks as "time to throw". Neither guys nor Corral realistically had more than 2 seconds of clean pocket on average 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Shocker said:

No offense but it is absurd to call cutting MJ a “rash” decision 

He sucks but if he is playing preseason 2nd or 3rd string what does it matter? 

He is here for another two weeks at most.

Personally I would have never signed him in the first place but it is what it is. 

13 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

On top of Jordan getting to play, the coach emphasized how vanilla the playcalling was. There was no scheming, layering, stunts, just super vanilla offense. Then they were rotating lineman every series to see what and who did what for depth. I thought this place was different from the Facebook morons who lose it and knee jerk their way into torn ligaments, but I come here today and Zod is on here talking about a 1-15 season. Preseason means nothing and you can go 0-3 before having a decent season because it doesn't mean anything! I can't believe the way some of you are acting. 

Bingo!!! You summed it up very nicely!!

22 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Nitpicking a players very first career interception in his first pro game regardless of how it happened is still some cringe worthy stuff.  

Yep. Wait until number two at least. 
The warning light doesn’t come on because a green player made a mistake, it comes on when they don’t  learn from them. 

On 8/14/2023 at 3:04 PM, ncfan said:

Interesting 
We heard the reports from people using Texans OL for Strouds struggles in his debut.

Week 1 preseason

Bryce had avg 2.11 seconds per drop back
Stroud had a avg of 3.84 seconds per drop back.

Considering both had fewer than 10 drop backs this is hardly data worth comparing....no statistical significance.

But Bryce looked better clearly

On 8/14/2023 at 7:27 PM, NorthTryon said:

On top of Jordan getting to play, the coach emphasized how vanilla the playcalling was. There was no scheming, layering, stunts, just super vanilla offense. Then they were rotating lineman every series to see what and who did what for depth. I thought this place was different from the Facebook morons who lose it and knee jerk their way into torn ligaments, but I come here today and Zod is on here talking about a 1-15 season. Preseason means nothing and you can go 0-3 before having a decent season because it doesn't mean anything! I can't believe the way some of you are acting. 

I agree with almost everything here. Zod referenced the 2011 season vs the 2015 season. I think 2011 was 6-10. Just comparing this season to Cam's first season with a new HC and coaching staff for the Panthers vs the 2015 season when the team was closer to being a contender. Expectations should realistically be a lot closer to 6-10 than 15-1.  

On 8/14/2023 at 7:27 PM, NorthTryon said:

Teams rarely, and by rarely I mean maybe once or twice, have gone 0-fer in the preseason and made the playoffs. So no, you can't go 0-3 and be a 12-5 football team in the regular season. It's not that it can't happen, it just doesn't. The preseason is not only a representation of your players but your depth against depth, your coaching and development, and your ability to find guys down the depth chart who can play.

If the Panthers lose 27-0 or anything close to that again, and lose a 3rd game, you can bet the under on our win total for the year. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Teams rarely, and by rarely I mean maybe once or twice, have gone 0-fer in the preseason and made the playoffs. So no, you can't go 0-3 and be a 12-5 football team in the regular season. It's not that it can't happen, it just doesn't. The preseason is not only a representation of your players but your depth against depth, your coaching and development, and your ability to find guys down the depth chart who can play.

If the Panthers lose 27-0 or anything close to that again, and lose a 3rd game, you can bet the under on our win total for the year. 

Thank you captain obvious! I know all of that. What did I say? Hmmm, that's right, I said that you can have a good season. The flipping out and chicken little type reactions after our first preseason game was uncalled for nonsense. I get the Facebook crowd doing that as they are mostly imbeciles that know very little about football, but here. And if that wasn't ridiculous enough, people double downed after hearing what the coach said. This will look a lot better once things are schemed up and actual game planning takes place. Case in point, the team so thoroughly dominated the Jets in the first practice Saleh lost his mind and made them practice on their own after practice was cancelled. The clips have been all over TV from Hard Knocks.