• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants game

t96

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oh yeah. I mean, besides guys like Andy Reid, Tony Dungy, Pete Carroll, Marv Levy, Bill Belichick and etc, what fired head coach has ever accomplished anything at a new job? 🫥

Only the coaches that made Super Bowls were immediately employed again as HCs though in that list.   Rest had some work to do before they got another shot.  

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dungy never made the Super Bowl in Tampa.

You right.  Confused it.  Gruden took them the next year.  Tony built a Super Bowl caliber squad and was fired for not being able to get them over that final hump.  He was fixture in the playoffs though and got another gig after it.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

You right.  Confused it.  Gruden took them the next year.  Tony built a Super Bowl caliber squad and was fired for not being able to get them over that final hump.  He was fixture in the playoffs though and got another gig after it.  

That was Tony's team, doubt he was fired for lack of success. Asshole owners gonna asshole 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I must be the only person not freaking out about this game.  

I'm starting to miss the day is when people waited until the first quarter of game one before they started freaking out 😕

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

You aren’t alone. I’ll wait for the regular season before I start making judgements.

I go further than that, honestly.

Realistically speaking, you don't know how good (or bad) your team actually is until about midseason. And in the case of a restart with a new coach, sometimes even later.

But of course, you're always gonna have those people who want to say they called it first 🙄

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm starting to miss the day is when people waited until the first quarter of game one before they started freaking out 😕

I go further than that, honestly.

Realistically speaking, you don't know how good (or bad) your team actually is until about midseason. And in the case of a restart with a new coach, sometimes even later.

But of course, you're always gonna have those people who want to say they called it first 🙄

I perfectly content to watch a new squad take their lumps during a 2-3 year period while the coach settles in. 

Something about this team just looks plain lackadaisical and I sure hope it’s on purpose. 

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I perfectly content to watch a new squad take their lumps during a 2-3 year period while the coach settles in. 

Something about this team just looks plain lackadaisical and I sure hope it’s on purpose. 

The thing that bothers me with what we've done so far is that my impression of Reich's teams in Indy were hard-nosed, mean, aggressive, smart, fundamentally sound teams that struggled with a ton of turnover and the victims of never having a real franchise QB, so they struggled more than they should have.  

The poo we've put on tape the last two weeks is nothing like that.  Supposedly we have our franchise QB in place, even if a rookie, but it's all the other poo going on around it.  Everyone keeps bringing up the vanilla scheme and all that, but our opponents are running bullshit schemes too, and they're still whooping our asses.  The issue really is we are getting beat in almost every matchup, we are not fundamentally sound, we are not aggressive, we are not smart, we are not hard-nosed...  we just look flat, uninspired, and really uninterested.  Yes, again, I'm keeping it in perspective that it's preseason, but I don't know that I've ever been more underwhelmed by a preseason showing in our history, including the Rhule years, which is saying something.

I anticipate the actual scheme and real playcalling is gonna make a big difference and at the very least keep us competitive, but damn...  poo like Ickey looking like complete ass both games, the whole OL looking just as ass, especially the interior...  the defense getting gashed, guys getting beat in coverage, guys not tackling, receivers and Young not being on the same page multiple times in 2 weeks, etc.  It's just all bad.  Just not many things to be encouraged about in what our guys have shown.

But, we'll see what happens come the regular season...  but, no question, this poo has been beyond disappointing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2