• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason DOESN'T matter per huddle insiders... John Harbaugh has a PSA for ya

TheBigKat

7 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

@rayzor explain to me why im wrong in my opinions or delete the post if it violates the rules.

But dont be a coward and hide behind your warning button because someone makes a point you don't agree with.

save those discussions for the tinderbox. keep it out of here. in other words....knock it off. 

we've got a thread over there for discussions just like this. but keep it over there.

clear enough?

• Pie 3

46 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Why?

Because you don't think it's true?

Or because you don't want it to be true?

No, I don't think its true at all. I think you are attempting to turn something that wasn't about race into something that is. Fun fact though, Tepper has final say over whatever he wants to have final say over. Ultimately. He is the owner. He can hire and fire anyone in the org. And he can put people wherever he wants on it. So the fact Wilks even got to coach the team temporarily goes against what you are saying. There were white coaches he could have chosen from if he wanted. Keep that bs for the tinderbox, please. 

• Pie 4

24 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Huh, so what you are saying is that a bad coach can make players look worse than they are...?

What I'm saying is that some of our  players were playing average to decent football notwithstanding a bad W-L record and not necessarily being put into the best situations to succeed. 

Edited by top dawg

And for the record (and because that comment pissed me off a bit) ...

Acting like a coward hiding behind the warning button? That "cowardly act" is meant to let people know when they are pushing things a bit too far so that they don't wind up doing something that will get them banned, but do it in a way that isn't calling someone out in public.

It's fugging meant to keep people from getting called out in public because who loves that kind of poo happening to them?

It's a fugging courtesy. Ain't no hiding going on and if you've been here and paying attention you'd know that I don't have a problem calling anyone out either through a warning (that's really no one else's business) or in the middle of the thread, so if you or anyone else gets a warning from one of us, be glad that we're not just banning you right out or calling you out publicly. It's no one else's business when you get a warning, not even those who have reported what you did drawing our attention.

And when you get a warning, don't take it personally (or do, I don't really care), just comply and move on and let it go. It's not as serious as you think, but it definitely keeps it from getting too serious or too out of control.

And now....

Deep Breath Smile GIF by ABC Network

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, rayzor said:

And for the record (and because that comment pissed me off a bit) ...

Acting like a coward hiding behind the warning button? That "cowardly act" is meant to let people know when they are pushing things a bit too far so that they don't wind up doing something that will get them banned, but do it in a way that isn't calling someone out in public.

It's fugging meant to keep people from getting called out in public because who loves that kind of poo happening to them?

It's a fugging courtesy. Ain't no hiding going on and if you've been here and paying attention you'd know that I don't have a problem calling anyone out either through a warning (that's really no one else's business) or in the middle of the thread, so if you or anyone else gets a warning from one of us, be glad that we're not just banning you right out or calling you out publicly. It's no one else's business when you get a warning, not even those who have reported what you did drawing our attention.

And when you get a warning, don't take it personally (or do, I don't really care), just comply and move on and let it go. It's not as serious as you think, but it definitely keeps it from getting too serious or too out of control.

And now....

Deep Breath Smile GIF by ABC Network

I respected the reason for my only warning lol

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 5.01.49 PM.png

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No dog in this fight either way but there are literally dozens of posters claiming preseason doesnt matter.  The freaking official panther twitter said as much

Panthers Twitter reports into marketing bro, completely separate side of the business. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, DJ feed me moore said:

Im so ready for the NFL pre-season to be over. Cut it to two games ASAP.

Well, I do want the regular season to get here.  But I am very entertained by the preseason watchdogs.  Its better than watching the clock and counting days.

We’ve got a couple weeks more and I don’t want those guys to stop posting.  I want them to turn up the heat.  Dammit, they’re doing Yeoman’s work one post at a time.