• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms on Bryce Young

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don't think he is talking about his capacity it's more visually or aesthetics.  He wants his first overall pick to be bigger and stronger and have a rocket arm.  

mood

Visual and aesthetics aside, it's a tough game. And yes the OL has been bad (nickle for every time I've said that over the last 4 years) but the one thing we heard about him over and over when his size came up is that he's so nimble and has such incredible pocket presence that he never allows himself to absorb those kinds of vicious hits that could shorten his career.

Well based on 5+ hits and 2 sacks in 6 drives...

maury-well.gif.fedf7727d01cd3574bc151e77b7acb90.gif

We gave up a sh*tload to get him, so he better be made of steel, because a 350lb+ lineman don't give a crap how smart you are when he lands on you.

• Pie 2

Just now, X-Clown said:

He's just like many other analysts, he has some hits and misses. He doesn't always go with the consensus.

2017 he said Mahomes could be special and touted both of him and Watson over Trubisky

2018 he had Lamar and Josh Allen as the top two ahead of Baker, Darnold, and Rosen

2020 he had Burrow and Herbert as the top two ahead of Tua

People see Wilson, and that Corral didn’t throw 5 TD’s his first preseason game, and therefore Simms = hack. 

He is not Skip Bayless no matter how much people try to convince me he is. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I don’t watch/listen when he sits with Florio. I just get the general vibe that Florio really enjoys hearing himself talk, and he dominates conversations. 

I also don’t like his face. 

That doesn’t make me right. Doesn’t make the way I feel right. But that’s how I be feeling. 

The most annoying thing about Florio for me is that he always feels like he's auditioning to be the President of the NFLPA. Yeah, we get it. You were labor lawyer. We don't care.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Chris Simms also told us Mart Corral and Trey Lance were the  best QBs in their respective drafts. He only cares about size and having a big arm.  No surprise since he sucked at processing when he was a pro.

If it makes you feel any better he also thinks Drew Brees was massively overrated.

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

People see Wilson, and that Corral didn’t throw 5 TD’s his first preseason game, and therefore Simms = hack. 

He is not Skip Bayless no matter how much people try to convince me he is. 

I think literally everyone on this board has seen enough out of Corral he completely misfired on that ranking. It has nothing to do with him not throwing 5 TD's in his first preseason game.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Poo 1

16 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

that may be my problem then

Yeah he's awful paired with Florio, just offers nothing of substance. He's usually pretty good when Dan Patrick interviews him, I always enjoy his QB draft analysis, and he's got some interesting perspective just having been in the league a little bit.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

He's just like many other analysts, he has some hits and misses. He doesn't always go with the consensus.

2017 he said Mahomes could be special and touted both of him and Watson over Trubisky

2018 he had Lamar and Josh Allen as the top two ahead of Baker, Darnold, and Rosen

2020 he had Burrow and Herbert as the top two ahead of Tua

Yep. Anytime you're trying to project talent to the next level of competition it's gonna be a crap shoot. A lot of 4 and 5 star recruits bust in college while a lot of afterthought recruits become All-Conference and All-Americans. A lot of high draft picks bust in the NFL while a lot of mid to late round draft picks and even UDFAs become good pros. It's always been the case and it'll always be the case.

4 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I think literally everyone on this board has seen enough out of Corral he completely misfired on that ranking. It has nothing to do with him not throwing 5 TD's in his first preseason game.

Corral has played the equivalent of 1 preseason at this point. Half of that with McAdoo and Rhule. 

Yeah “literally everyone on this board has seen enough.”

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

he was pushing the young slander well before he was ever drafted

No.  He wasn't.  Young was the #2 QB on Simms board.  Simms, like pretty much every single evaluator, had concerns over size.  That's it.  In fact, Simms had some traits for Young that he compared to Mahomes and Rodgers.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, NAS said:

Chris Simms also told us Mart Corral and Trey Lance were the  best QBs in their respective drafts. He only cares about size and having a big arm.  No surprise since he sucked at processing when he was a pro.

If it makes you feel any better he also thinks Drew Brees was massively overrated.

He did say that about Corral, but he had Trey Lance rated #6 in his class.

https://titansized.com/2019/06/26/kurt-warner-rips-chris-simms/

He seems to be a guy that appreciates pure arm talent over analytical processing QBs. Burrow looks like he was the exception, but he had the greatest season of any college QB. I don’t have anything against him, but he has a pattern and sometimes it’s right, but recently it hasn’t been.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was fine with Bryce, Stroud, or Richardson. I was most intrigued by Richardson though. Maybe it's just because of the success we had with Cam. I don't know. I could just most easily translate his talent to the NFL. With Bryce you're HEAVILY relying on him being the smartest guy on the field. Hopefully he is.

And with Richardson you are HEAVILY relying on him developing into a good QB not just a good athlete.