• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Cuts

Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Feels like I see the phrase "former high draft pick from the Patriots cut" a lot these days.

They haven't necessarily drafted particularly well for a while now.

(hence the massive free agent frenzy of a couple years ago that included Cam Newton)

Im pretty sure the Patriots have never been good at drafting... They have been good at signing FAs and Scheming.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Sure it wasn't Kenjon Barner? He even won Superbowls with the Patriots, not that he was very good.

played nine seasons and won three super bowls

He didn’t become Barry sanders but I imagine he’s reasonably happy with the career he had 

Edited by Growl

4 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Keep up with the conversion UNC fanboy. 😁 That's Holton "Mr ECU" Ahlers, one of the largest QBs from the last draft class.

Yes, I am the fanboy who wants the Panthers to sign some out of shape scrub QB from EZU. I’ve never heard of him, but I would be willing to bet my next large, very lucrative paycheck he plays as many regular seasons games the next ten years that you do.  

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Yes, I am the fanboy who wants the Panthers to sign some out of shape scrub QB from EZU. I’ve never heard of him, but I would be willing to bet my next large, very lucrative paycheck he plays as many regular seasons games the next ten years that you do.  

Oh, I doubt he ever plays a down in the NFL regular season as well.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Settle down it was in jest for the most part. Mocking the size bros also.

Yep. I guess he missed out, ignored, or forgot about all the posts that were made leading up to the draft.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Im pretty sure the Patriots have never been good at drafting... They have been good at signing FAs and Scheming.

Yeah, they've been middle of the pack at drafting. They had a huge competitive advantage during the Belichick/Brady duo era of being able to stockpile vets chasing rings. If you were a proven vet with fug you money already in the bank and truly wanted that SB ring to crown your career, it was by far your #1 destination of choice.