• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will YGM have a Hardy breakout year

TheBigKat

12 hours ago, 45catfan said:

But those guys started.  YGM will be in spot duty *knocks on wood*  unless Houston and Burns struggles to stay healthy. Haynes, once fully ready, will probably be the #3 guy.  Barno has too much speed not to give him snaps.  We draft Johnson too. 

YGM is going to have a hard time getting enough snaps to have a "break out year" as a Panther.

I see Barno, Haynes, and Burns as the "rush LBs" and Johnson, YGM, Houston, and Leota as the "edge holders" who will do more bull rushing the passer.  For that reason, YGM is really neither.  I was much more impressed with Leota in the preseason that YGM or Johnson, fwiw.

• Pie 1

Hardy was an elite-level athlete.

YGM has no get off and best serves any team as a high-motor rotational guy that can start the last few games if the starter goes down.

Yetur had potential as a base 4-3 strong side end, but his burst and handfighting skills just aren't there.

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

Hardy was/is a legit psychopath. That's what fueled him on field and what made him a train wreck off field.

YGM just seems too sane to turn into Hardy.

I always mark Hardy’s off the field issues and subsequent removal from the team as one of the reasons the 2014 team struggled as much as it did. 
With him we were 2-0. Losing didn’t start happening till after he was let go for week 3. 

22 hours ago, Montie_0123 said:

No and I’m very disappointed he hasn’t shown growth or consistency with getting pressure.

Yeah, he is the guy you always see break free and chase the QB when there is really good downfield coverage. But that explosive, beat the guy in front of him and blast the QB type play still hasn't been put on tape. I wonder how long he lasts.

• Pie 1

If you are looking to bury him, do not read this post.  However, if you want to hold out hope, he has the tools and he is with a new Staff.  Rhule was a bitch, and if you got in his dog house, I can see where it would be discouraging.

having said that, I just do not see him in this system.  For his size, he needs to bull rush and hold the edge.  Can he? 

1 hour ago, NorthTryon said:

Yeah, he is the guy you always see break free and chase the QB when there is really good downfield coverage. But that explosive, beat the guy in front of him and blast the QB type play still hasn't been put on tape. I wonder how long he lasts.

I would not be surprised if he’s cut, everything points to him being maxed out on talent.

Yeah, I'm so disappointed in YGM. Coming out of college, he looked like he could have been the 2nd best DE out of that draft. The size. The arm length. The alleged ability to bend the edge. And last season, he had all the chances in the world to break out.

What the heck happened?