• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most Rivera thing ever

NAS

58 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

"But but Rivera is a good head coach"

Get TF outta here. He never was and never will be. He has Cam and Luke to thank for the longevity of his career. Without them, his head coaching career wouldve ended in 2013 or 2014.

This

There is being unintelligent and making an egregious error, but then it takes a special kind of stupid to blatantly call yourself out on it.

Ron is a great guy all around, but has always lacked the head coach gene, but got by on an immensely talented roster and being gifted a #1 overall generational QB specimen as his welcome to Carolina gift.

With that roster....damn, what could have been, with competence from the GM down to the coaching staff

• Pie 5

Wanted Howell over the other guys when they started falling in the draft...

And again, love Ron the man, but the coach?  That is the kind of poo that ultimately ran Cam into the ground.  It's just like zero awareness and so inefficient...  it's like he spends ZERO energy and effort scouting his own offense and if he finds something that is passable he just rides it until the wheels fall off.  And that admitting he didn't know they were still in playoff contention theough that last game last season - I was legit surprised they brought him back.  I was sure he was gonna get canned for that.

• Beer 1

Ron is good coach but his propensity to refuse to play younger players is his ultimate downfall. His old school mentality of "making the young guys earn it' while playing an obviously less talented veteran or by not bringing outside help when a key piece of the team goes down but instead insist always that "the answers on the roster" is why he'll never build a sustain winner. Ron's teams will never be outright bad, they'll hang around being average to sometimes maybe good but never great unless he's being caried by the players. 

30 minutes ago, Chaos said:

There is being unintelligent and making an egregious error, but then it takes a special kind of stupid to blatantly call yourself out on it.

I’ve never seen an NFL head coach not know his team’s playoff status heading into the final week.

I’ve never seen an NFL head coach come out in public kicking himself because he didn’t know the QB he drafted was actually good.

That said, I’ve also never seen an NFL head coach make the playoffs with a losing record.

And he did it twice.  With two different franchises. /facepalm

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Wanted Howell over the other guys when they started falling in the draft...

And again, love Ron the man, but the coach?  That is the kind of poo that ultimately ran Cam into the ground.  It's just like zero awareness and so inefficient...  it's like he spends ZERO energy and effort scouting his own offense and if he finds something that is passable he just rides it until the wheels fall off.  And that admitting he didn't know they were still in playoff contention theough that last game last season - I was legit surprised they brought him back.  I was sure he was gonna get canned for that.

Howell's scrambling ability and Ron's hot seat status combine to make me nervous. God knows Ron will run a QB into the ground. Washington has a much better receiver corps than Cam ever did but that OL has some serious questions.

I REALLY wanted Howell in the draft (Don't care anything about UNC and never have been a fan). He just seemed like one of those guys who would put it all together and be very good if given the chance. I am going in and saying Howell passes for 3500 yards this season and thrown 22-29 touchdowns which keeping the ints low then next season breaks 4000 yards and 30+ touchdowns. Hard to believe we could have drafted him instead of Corral and im no Corral hater at all. Hopefully Ron doesnt screw Sam Howell up. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1