• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral has been cut

TheSpecialJuan

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I like it because its just seems like regular dudes that love the panther talking about the team.  Cody does try and take a professional scout take way too much.  Screaming about Corral being an all world prospect and saying brady christenson is a better LT then icky are just 2 of his wild ass takes.  He needs to leave the scouting reviews at the door and just talk panthers

theres more each day, only one i watch is meow mix(bad name). its my speed. the canada dude was ok as well. plus half the show is callers with bad calls....

rashad and dave are fine, just prefer meow mix

locked on panthers is a daily deal, meow mix super lacks about consent content, loads less vids than all the others. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Maybe you could explain what how Frank operates has to do with not liking the scapegoating done in the NFL when things get bad?  Or the standard praise and of how well everyone matchups/works together when someone new is brought in? 

I could try, but given that you actually think your gut can you give you a more reliable idea of what's "really happening" than reports from actual coverage, I doubt you'd listen to it anyway 😂

(making up your own narrative is always easier than getting the actual facts of course, but hey...)

Suffice it to say Reich isn't necessarily looking to throw anybody and everybody under the bus if things go wrong. He prefers a collaborative approach.

(hence the numerous "diversity of thought" quotes you might have seen if you paid attention to such things)

Fitterer operates the same way, i.e. the way they did it in Seattle. Both he and Reich have expressed such things several times.

I get that you wanted (and apparently still want) to dump Fitterer regardless of whether facts support it or not, but it doesn't look like the team agrees.

Guess you'll just have to hope he fails, given that you'll wind up looking like a total dumbsh-t if he doesn't 😂

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

If we're interested in him at all, we'll have no problem bringing him back on the practice squad.

There's no danger of him getting scooped up.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if we picked up a different QB.

I just can't see Corral catching on anywhere. This preseason was the moment to show what he has and I think he did. There just wasn't much.

I agree. He looked terrible in the first game, then actually showed some promise in the second.  But the third game he played was as bad or worse than the first.  

I do think he eventually gets another shot, on someone's practice squad if nothing else.  

• Pie 1

I told everyone Howell was the best out of that draft.  I also said Bryce was the best out of this draft so we are good here

Also pined for Justin Fields but that’s another story

One the funniest things I saw on ESPN was a bit about Dak Prescott being worried about Trey Lance.  Lance was always going to be a bust.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I could try, but given that you actually think your gut can you give you a more reliable idea of what's "really happening" than reports from actual coverage, I doubt you'd listen to it anyway 😂

(making up your own narrative is always easier than getting the actual facts of course, but hey...)

Suffice it to say Reich isn't necessarily looking to throw anybody and everybody under the bus if things go wrong. He prefers a collaborative approach.

(hence the numerous "diversity of thought" quotes you might have seen if you paid attention to such things)

Fitterer operates the same way, i.e. the way they did it in Seattle. Both he and Reich have expressed such things several times.

I get that you wanted (and apparently still want) to dump Fitterer regardless of whether facts support it or not, but it doesn't look like the team agrees.

Guess you'll just have to hope he fails, given that you'll wind up looking like a total dumbsh-t if he doesn't 😂

lol.  I mean, I think what you are attempting to do is simply disagree with me.  

The reason I don’t like the unpairing of a HC/GM ….is largely because if what it affords the owner to do.  So when results aren’t up to par….the owner gets to play the back and forth game.   It’s the GM, no it’s the coach, it’s GM, now it’s coach.   And every time it’s somebody else’s fault, it’s never those left behind.

and that stance frankly has literally nothing to with Fitt.   Or Frank.  Or even the Panthers. It’s a universal take.  The league does what it does.  And Tepper is doing it here.   That’s not a made up narrative.  It’s literally the flip flop Tepper is doing here with his unpaired front offices lol.  

The unpairing affords him to scapegoat.  Just like you do.  Where you argue it totally wasn’t Fitt it was all Matt Rhule.  And before that it wasn’t Matt Rhule, it totally was Marty Hurney.  Rhule just needs a good GM.  

NFL is a scapegoat survival business when things get tough.   They all do it.  My complaint here is the owner having that ability with the unpaired front office.   Coaches have their own variation.  Matt Rhule gets too much heat then it’s really just Joe Brady’s fault.   Actual issue was Rhule.  Frank getting real heat over his Indy O? Fired his OC.  Frank was the primary problem though. 

21 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I told everyone Howell was the best out of that draft.  I also said Bryce was the best out of this draft so we are good here

Also pined for Justin Fields but that’s another story

One the funniest things I saw on ESPN was a bit about Dak Prescott being worried about Trey Lance.  Lance was always going to be a bust.

I was public enemy #1 when I mentioned trading for Justin Fields.

Funny how people ignore the lack of talent around a QB. Dude now throwing screens to DJ Moore and taking it to the house.

Get ready folks Fields will put the NFL on notice this year. He's the real deal!

• Pie 1

anyone trying to blame all the “bad things” on Rhule simply because he’s not here and fitterer is is being intellectually dishonest 

Rhule played his hand in his push for Mayfield and the lack of practice work Corral got last season.

Fitterer spoke very glowingly of Corral. All the smoke points towards that being a Fitterer pick.

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

lol.  I mean, I think what you are attempting to do is simply disagree with me.  

The reason I don’t like the unpairing of a HC/GM ….is largely because if what it affords the owner to do.  So when results aren’t up to par….the owner gets to play the back and forth game.   It’s the GM, no it’s the coach, it’s  GM, now it’s coach.   And every time it’s somebody fault, it’s no one else’s fault. 

and that stance frankly has literally nothing to with Fitt.   Or Frank.  Or even the Panthers. It’s a universal take.  The league does what it does.  And Tepper is doing it here.   That’s not a made up narrative.  It’s literally the flip flop Tepper is doing her with his unpaired front offices lol.  

The unpairing affords him to scapegoat.  Just like you do.  Where you argue it totally wasn’t Fitt it was all Matt Rhule.  And before that it wasn’t Matt Rhule, it totally was Marty Hurney.  Rhule just needs a good GM.  

NFL is a scapegoat survival business when things get tough.   They all do it.  My complaint here is the owner having that ability with the unpaired front office.   Coaches have their own variation.  Matt Rhule gets too much heat then it’s really just Joe Brady’s fault.   Frank thinks he might get canned in Indy? Fired his OC. 

Actually, it doesn't work like that at all.

Two people don't have to be hired together to be in sync. Neither does being hired together guarantee that they will be.

Nor does anything about those circumstances prevent an owner from playing one guy against another, or choosing to blame one and absolve the other.

Everything you're talking about here is personality driven. And no employment arrangement, arrival circumstance or even prior connection can guarantee harmony or prevent conflict. if you doubt that, ask Jimmy Johnson.

The good news for us though is that Reich and Fitterer have by all accounts very similar personalities and approaches that help them work and play well together.

Frankly, the notion that two people have to be hired at the same time in order to be harmonious sounds kinda silly.

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

What’s more likely?  That Matt Rhule wanted Corral so he told Fitterer to trade up for him, then proceeded to act like he never existed?  Or Fitterer wanted Corral and Rhule never wanted a rookie QB so he acted like he never existed?

Rhule was on board with Corral until he got Baker. Some of you keep forgetting that the acquisition of Baker is what really made Rhule flip the script.

15 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I was public enemy #1 when I mentioned trading for Justin Fields.

Funny how people ignore the lack of talent around a QB. Dude now throwing screens to DJ Moore and taking it to the house.

Get ready folks Fields will put the NFL on notice this year. He's the real deal!

I was so excited when Fields fell to us in that draft. Then we took Horn (who is solid) and rolled with Darnold. That was one of the most frustrating drafts…

• Pie 1