• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer setting low expectations.

Tbe

33 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

It seems to me that lately if you are going to be negative, you get a free pass on whatever you say. But if you say something positive, you need to cite sources and take a polygraph. lol

When you absolutely have to be right. Using your opinion as fact is a Huddle staple. 

Do you have any proof to back that up?  😇

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

It seems to me that lately if you are going to be negative, you get a free pass on whatever you say. But if you say something positive, you need to cite sources and take a polygraph. lol

When you absolutely have to be right. Using your opinion as fact is a Huddle staple. 

You complain about people and this message board in 90% of your posts but yet here you are on at least your 3rd alias still typing word vomit.  Feel free to hit the other board or simply start your on

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Just wondering how long it took Wilks to get the team around to being competitive?

Wilks did a good job of adapting his philosophy to the players he had available. He wasn't able to wait till he got the guys he needed for his system. I honestly dont like to hear that, Reich has experience and some success as a head coach. He should be capable of doing the same. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Shadow said:

With this coaching staff and Bryce in place, how many drafts should it take to realistically consider ourselves in contention for the Superbowl?

This year I just want to see improvement, for us to look like we have a plan, and for the love of God 2nd half adjustments.

That’s about where I’m at… I would like to see +5 in the win column at least

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I don't get the complaining about negativity angle. Social media in all forms is a sea of negativity. Unplug and ditch your smartphone if you don't like it.

Dude is nuts. He complains every post and poos all the time. It’s amazing how negative he is while trying to act like the beacon of positivity. Oh well, some people just don’t have sense. If it bothers you that much and you post about it all the time, it is time to walk away. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Wilks did a good job of adapting his philosophy to the players he had available. He wasn't able to wait till he got the guys he needed for his system. I honestly dont like to hear that, Reich has experience and some success as a head coach. He should be capable of doing the same. 

I'm hoping that's the case, too. By all rights, we should be better positioned than we were last season, especially at the mid-way point where Wilks took over.

Wilks got handed a crap team and really made them competitive, something we hadn't been in four or more years.

Reich got handed that team, got to prune it a bit, got the very first pick in the NFL draft and had an offseason with reasonable cap space to build what he could from what he needed. He also got to assemble what had to be a stellar cast of coordinators and assistant coaches, something Wilks had instead to make do with who was left.

I hope, and I really feel, that Reich can make the most of this. We've got a really young but ready team and the NFCSouth has never seen so much turnover and turmoil.

However, if the team nosedives, I think it might be fair to take a moment and wonder if we had our man on the roster before and made a terrible mistake.

On 9/1/2023 at 12:15 PM, CRA said:

Their roster wasn’t horrible.  Their QB play was.  

we aren’t dramatically improved on O.  Our starting RB was CMC and out starting WR was DJ Moore in that first win.  The second game was basically the Nebraska game that was on TV last night and should never be spoke of. 

And going to a rookie QB over bad vets isn’t really improvement.  It’s its own thing.  Young is going to struggle early because he is a rookie learning.  Not because he is bad. 

Nope. I'm not letting our supposed "savant" of a draft pick off the hook.  He's diagnosing plays like "15 year vet" and "leading offensive meetings"... he'd better deliver.