• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big fan of Burns but...

NAS

1 hour ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

Hearing from one of my buddies that the Raiders are trying to trade for Burns right now. Fitt needs to get a favorable contract together for him, like right now! Just read that Garoppolo restructured his free up some money for the team. Hope this does not come true. 

Your buddy have inside information?

Have not heard anything about the Raiders. I have heard that teams have contacted the Panthers but they haven’t reached out to anyone regarding BB.

Have also heard that the discussion is not about annual salary but rather guaranteed amount and signing bonus which is still far apart as of yesterday.

I would be very surprised if this drags on longer than a week or two as it is creating a distracting for a brand new coach and rookie QB in their first season together. I imagine the front office will cave or reach a trade deal with another team soon. 

• Pie 4

Just now, Leaky_Faucet said:

Have not heard anything about the Raiders. I have heard that teams have contacted the Panthers but they haven’t reached out to anyone regarding BB.

Have also heard that the discussion is not about annual salary but rather guaranteed amount and signing bonus which is still far apart as of yesterday.

I would be very surprised if this drags on longer than a week or two as it is creating a distracting for a brand new coach and rookie QB in their first season together. I imagine the front office will cave or reach a trade deal with another team soon. 

distracting environment*

Pardon my grammar. It is past my normal bedtime.

• Beer 1

Need to can Fitterer before trading Burns. Dan Morgan is waiting in the wings and will be a better GM.

Crazy to think the last few years how bad-to-potentially-mediocre this team has been, and yet Fitterer has downgraded at every position but one, and now may have traded all 3 of the franchise cornerstones for Bryce Young, several bags of warm garbage and some picks to cover for the other awful trades he's made.

I don't condone paying Burns above 26MM per year, but this is ridiculous. Fitterer's the Matt Rhule of GMs.

2 hours ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

Hearing from one of my buddies that the Raiders are trying to trade for Burns right now. Fitt needs to get a favorable contract together for him, like right now! Just read that Garoppolo restructured his free up some money for the team. Hope this does not come true. 

I’ll take their first, Jones, and maybe another 3rd rounder at this point.

Or I’d really love to get Adams and their first, but that might not happen and it would hurt our pass rush a lot.