• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1: Panthers vs Falcons

TheCasillas

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

You think our running game will be better than the Falcons who not only have Bijan and Patterson but who are returning a 1,000 yard rusher from 2022? Not to mention Pitts and Drake London. 

If the Falcons only score 10 points then we are in for a whale of a season and you better put money on the over for our win total in Vegas.

I think we score between 14 and 24 points but there is no way we hold them to 10, especially if Burns is out.

I think you miss the point of the thread. 

To counter your argued.  

I'll take our oline over theirs.  All of our running g backs can run behind this line.  

I'll take our defense over theirs.

They have an established system. 

If our run games comes to play, and execute,  every team will struggle against us. 

Believe. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

21 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Future potential stars remember?

This is actually good for them. Maybe someone steps up out of the group.

You need to add Hurst to that equation.....

From what I saw of Mingo in the pre-season, I'm pretty confident for him to go 6 catches for 70-80 yards.  He'll likely do more damage over the middle where Atlanta is weak.  If Terell will be on one of the X or Y receivers we still have access to the other side of the field and the middle.

If you have a solid TE (Hurst), well above average RB (Sanders), and a mid/dependable WR on the other side covered by a collection of JAG's, I'm not too worried about our offense.  Our line needs to hold Grady Jarret in check.  I am not scared of a 38 year old DE, a nobody DE, and the ghost of Bud Dupree.

Their coverage at CB and nickel outside of Terell is trash.  Jessie Bates is a very good safety, but I don't see his as a game changer without other working parts around him.

Our biggest concern should be; can we stop the run enough so Atlanta doesn't have total control of the clock.  If we can avoid 3rd and short or large chunk runs at inopportune times, we should be good.  If we can keep the TOP even(ish) and score at least 21 pts I see us coming up with a W.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Maybe I am wrong but didn't Atlanta finish last in our division last year?  While I agree every team can improve through the draft and free agency.  We also improved.

We addressed our most glaring need at QB.  Considering we had an idiot running the team for 1/2 the season and we still won 7 games with QBs like Walker and Darnold.   We have an Offensive Minded Head Coach, a great DC and we have solid players.  Depth is a little issue but we have a good team.

I predict that our true defense shows up on Sunday and our fan base blows up at how good they truly are.  

Bryce Young and Mingo turn into this years Burrow/Chase tandem.  

I think we go into Atlanta and Thump them good.  27-7 Black Cats.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2