• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you as passionate towards Panthers football as you used to be?

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Are you as passionate towards Panthers football as you used to be?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Topic title

• Yes
    • No

My path:

10 years ago - Watch every game even if they're bad

5 years ago - If they're bad, watch every game until about Thanksgiving, then just check scores

Now - Watch 1 quarter and then do something else

Super Bowl 50 took a lot of wind out of my sails. The floundering since then, as well as getting older just makes me want to do other stuff on Sundays

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

My path:

10 years ago - Watch every game even if they're bad

5 years ago - If they're bad, watch every game until about Thanksgiving, then just check scores

Now - Watch 1 quarter and then do something else

Super Bowl 50 took a lot of wind out of my sails. The floundering since then, as well as getting older just makes me want to do other stuff on Sundays

I loathed Jerry Richardson, but I must say dumpster Dave has done a lot to kill my passion for this franchise. 

• Pie 6

I followed it in 90s closely, kept up with it but didn’t invest myself during the Seifert years. Followed it closely again during the Fox years and drowned out in 2010. Invested myself again heavily until 2019 and quit caring about halfway through the season. Since Rhule I still follow it closely and keep up with everything but I don’t have the same passion that I had during the Fox years or mid Rivera years 

• Pie 1

No, I think I've gotten better with not letting sports dictate my life. If the team is good, awesome! If the team is terrible (like usual), I freed up 3-4 hours of my life on Sundays.

And much like you, once Luke retired and we moved on from Cam, I just find it hard to get motivated to care about this team. I definitely miss the prime Delhomme and Peppers/Smitty years also.

Edited by PleaseCutStewart
  • Pie 5
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

I loathed Jerry Richardson, but I must say dumpster Dave has done a lot to kill my passion for this franchise. 

Yeah a season or so after Tepper bought the team is when I started caring less and less. 

I feel like a lot of the tradition is gone. Tepper has this fascination with making us this air raid team that plays on turf and “out smarts” everyone with cutting edge technology and play calling. When really we have always been more successful when we are aggressive, throw people around and run the ball down your throat. We see a glimpse of that last season with Wilks.

Whatever Tepper is trying to turn us into is not in our DNA. 

Wasting Cam and Luke's prime with Rivera and then letting our franchise QB get headhunted during the superbowl and the following year's first game really did it for me. We should have had 2 rings with two hall of famers on the same team during their prime, yet in true Panthers fashion we failed miserably. I care more about my fantasy team nowadays than the BS they keep throwing out there. It's the same sh*t every year. And now after 5 years, we can now say we have one of the worst owners in the league.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 5

In my 20s and up to mid 30s I took it personal, was very passionate, HATED when we lost and felt miserable the entire week.

I'm 41 now, I watch the games, if we win great, if we lose whatever, I just want to enjoy the afternoon and move on. Not "emotionally" invested by any means anymore. If anything I am apathetic 

• Pie 1