• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say this Bryce thing doesn't work out... how far back is the Franchise set?

TheBigKat

Last playoff appearance was in 2017 so we are in year 6 of a drought

Let's say hypothetically this gamble doesn't pay off, you have to give Bryce what, 3 seasons? And after that is it a reboot once again?

That would make what, a decade before meaningful Panthers football?

Now I can see why the Browns gave up the farm to get Watson or the Bengals did everything they could to resign Burrow

• Poo 28

Would still root for a losing team before I’d ever root for Watson and still glad we didn’t land him.

Realistically if Bryce busts we’re probably looking at another 3-5 years before we have a chance to compete again but I have faith in Bryce.  Way, way, way too early to be worried about him. 

Edited by Coheed
  • Pie 9

Bryce will be known by the end of the year for good or bad because he isn't a project QB.

If it's bad, just fire the staff/GM and start over. If a QB Guru HC can't pick a good QB then you also need a new coaching staff and no they shouldn't get another swing if that is how it plays out. Honestly I think the fans turn on them again if Bryce isn't it well before the end of the season. It's been ugly here for years and fair was never part of any of this. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1