• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Vibes

WarHeel

Just now, Diehardpanth02 said:

422 YDs and 3 TDs. The man came in being told by everyone he was just a physical specimen never really a true passer of the football.

I'm torn. The Luke and Cam Era level of success may not ever be witnessed in Charlotte again.

We never had back to back winning seasons I want better than that era 

• Pie 3

55 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

422 YDs and 3 TDs. The man came in being told by everyone he was just a physical specimen never really a true passer of the football.

I'm torn. The Luke and Cam Era level of success may not ever be witnessed in Charlotte again.

Those passing stats were an anomaly for Cam.   For all his faults, Chud's offensive scheme with the spread formation was good for Cam he would have broken all the passing records but probably wouldn't have won as many games. 

4 hours ago, frankw said:

Young can sling it. Elite arm strength is not there yet he's only 22. Off the charts physical ability isn't the end all be all anyway we saw that with Darnold. My issue is the same problems plagued us that have for the last few seasons. Our receivers are still struggling to gain separation and the ones who can are banged up and missing time. This is on our GM. He took enormous risks with this receiving core and traded away a hell of a lot for a young rookie QB.

What bothers me is an observation I’ve made for years, why is every open deep route pass missed by Carolina but the same pass goes through 2 defenders for a miracle catch for our opponents? 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

What bothers me is an observation I’ve made for years, why is every open deep route pass missed by Carolina but the same pass goes through 2 defenders for a miracle catch for our opponents? 

It’s our curse

• Pie 1

Actually felt he didn’t check down enough and didn’t take what the defense was giving up most plays, his timer needs to be quicker.

Did like the poise, zip on the ball and arm strength but atl’s pass rush has always been abysmal since John Abraham left (Grady is no slouch).

Teddy to no fault of his own was hyped up by that con artist Rhule, and company, great guy really, but as for qb he is your modern day game manager. 

in reality it’s just way too early to make anything of it, for the sake of my fandom I hope young turns out great, I’m not going to stick around another 3-4 years while this  team goes through another carousal of QBs  due to incompetence 

5 hours ago, WarHeel said:

Remember Cam’s 1st game?

I'm sure it's been posted in the other 5 pages (that I won't read through lol) . At first I agreed, even pied the post. But one thing I've had to even tell myself is Cam had a LOT more weapons his first year than what Bryce has.
DeAngelo, Stew, Olsen, Shockey, and Steve Smith... I'll take that crew over this one any day of the week.

But Cam definitely put on a show his first game better cast or not. I'm just glad Bryce doesn't seem at all rattled.

We really have to stop comparing Bryce to Cam, it just isn't fair to Bryce OR Cam and they share next to no similarities other than both being QBs the Panthers picked #1 especially when you compare them as rookies. Cam had arguably the greatest college season by a QB of all time coming into the NFL. if Bryce ever ends up as good a passer as Prime Cam was we'll be in good hands. But even with that being said, they both have/had very different skillsets as passers coming into the NFL. Bryce is all about going through his progressions quickly and getting the ball out to an open man. He has great ball placement but his arm, while not bad, isn't the best. Cam had an absolute rocket launcher for an arm but when he was first coming into the league he could sail passes and get too antsy in the pocket alongside some pretty questionable touch. IE, he just missiled it in there when he really need to put more touch on it to make it easier on his receivers to catch it. There are lots more differences of course that I just don't think are necessary to list to convey my point. They're very different players.

And all of these flaws, Cam greatly improved later in his career. Bryce will hopefully clean up the mistakes we saw last week, either this year or in the longterm. That first game was admittedly a shock for me, Bryce didn't look good. But he's a rookie. And as said earlier, Cam was a fuging unicorn. There will never be another Cam Newton. Expecting Bryce to come out and look like a worldbeater in game 1 just because Cam did is the definition of unfair to Bryce. We just need to hope Bryce will continue to improve throughout the year. Week 1 wasn't encouraging but plenty of good QBs have struggled in their debut; that being said, I do want to see more from him next week even if it's a tougher opponent.

Edited by beo