• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would you rank as top 5 Panther draft busts of all time?

TheBigKat

Most disappointing 1st rounder I've seen in the last decade here would probably be Vernon Butler..off the top of my head. He played like a 5th-UDFA. 

Also Everett Brown was pure awful bro. So awful that I almost put Burns in the same category just for coming out of FSU.

Horn will be back. He's not a bust, just has an extremely bad streak of injuries. 2 freak injuries and friendly fire. His play when avialable is undoubtable. And I'd like to assume that he's nowhere near thrilled with how his career has gone so far. He does have the pedigree to work his body and mind out of this. He doesn't belong on this list. 

• Pie 2

Injuries don’t make a bust. That’s like saying Luke Kuechly didn’t live up to his potential since his career was cut short. He could’ve played at an elite level for another 10 years if not for concussions. Doesn’t make him any lesser of a player. 

Edited by Herb
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Agreed, I know it might be semantics to some, but I think there is a clear and distinct difference between a bust and a pick that didn't work out.

A bust was a player who ended up being a player who just couldn't live up to their draft expectations while actually playing.

But a player who played at an elite level but just couldn't stay healthy, that isn't a bust, provided they weren't coming into the league with injury issues that the team felt okay knowingly taking a risk on.

I don’t know what the Dolphins call Yatil Green or if they even remember him but Horn is out Yatil Green. 

5 minutes ago, Newbie said:

I don’t know what the Dolphins call Yatil Green or if they even remember him but Horn is out Yatil Green. 

never heard of the guy, I was thinking it's kinda like Brandon Roy for the Trailblazers like 10 or so years ago, just with a bit less success since Roy at least was able to have a couple good seasons before injuries ruined a promising looking career.

But he just couldn't stay healthy, was never a lack of talent or performance when on the field.

Edited by tukafan21

4 hours ago, ChuckWag78 said:

I only have 1sr and 2nd round picks on my list. 

1. Eric Shelton RB

2. Everette Brown DE

3. Rashad Anderson CB

4. Bruce Nelson G

5. Rae Carruth WR (has to be on here)

Can't have Clausen on the list because he brought us Cam. 

Yea I think only first or 2nd rounders can be considered busts. Hitting on rounds after that is a crap shoot 

• Pie 2

Just now, Jay Roosevelt said:

Horn can at least play when healthy. I'll take that over someone who is terrible any day.

Horn as been extremely frustrating and disappointing but not a bust.  It doesn’t help that the guy picked after him plays the same position, has stayed healthy and is a slightly better player