• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next year WR options

jb2288

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We drafted a QB who is supposed to be a "super processor" and be able to spread the ball around. We don't need this mythical beast of a Huddle approved "#1 WR". We just need competent, legit NFL WRs.

What we need is whoever scouted the Steelers WRs over the years to throw us a bone 

• Beer 3

10 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I said this even when the trade was made.

Never made sense to trade your #1 WR when you trading for a rookie QB.

Im pretty sure we could have got a deal done with Burns if they pushed for it. I probably would have kept Moore and try to get the #3 pick we still would have ended up with AR or Stroud.

Damn you’d rather trade Burns for a lower pick than lose DJ? He would definitely improve this group but he’s not an elite guy at his position like Burns and Brown. And we knew they were poised for a breakout in the 3-4.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We have one proven healthy one in Thielen. We have another injured one that we're hoping can suit up for a few games. We have two others were hoping will develop in TMJ and Mingo. Then we have a gadget guy in Shenault. No, the receiver room isn't good and that's exactly why I was so baffled that we traded our best WR. I would've seen if I could've gotten the Bears to bite on Burns, #9, and maybe a 2nd instead of an additional 1st.

Doesn't help that we traded McCaffrey too.

WR who will potentially hit the FA Market in 2024:

• Mike Evans
  • Tyler Boyd
  • Curtis Samuel
  • Cedrick Wilson
  • OBJ
  • (Jesus Christ it's) Kendrick Bourne
  • Jamal Agnew
  • Marquise Brown
  • Calvin Ridley
  • Jakeem Grant
  • Tee Higgins
  • Michael Pittman Jr.
  • Chase Claypool
  • Josh Reynolds
  • Tre'quan Smith
  • Van Jefferson
  • Parris Campbell
  • Devin Duvernay
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Gabe Davis
  • Darnell Mooney
  • KJ Osborn
  • Donovan Peoples-Jones
  • Nelson Agholor

Chark and Shenault are also FA's at the end of the year.

Of the above mentioned, Tee Higgins and Calvin Ridley are the only potential #1's but it's not guaranteed that either actually make it to FA. There are solid #2 option guys on there like Evans, Bourne, Boyd, Brown, Pittman, Davis, Peoples-Jones, OBJ and Osborn. The rest are #3+ options. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

WR who will potentially hit the FA Market in 2024:

• Mike Evans
  • Tyler Boyd
  • Curtis Samuel
  • Cedrick Wilson
  • OBJ
  • (Jesus Christ it's) Kendrick Bourne
  • Jamal Agnew
  • Marquise Brown
  • Calvin Ridley
  • Jakeem Grant
  • Tee Higgins
  • Michael Pittman Jr.
  • Chase Claypool
  • Josh Reynolds
  • Tre'quan Smith
  • Van Jefferson
  • Parris Campbell
  • Devin Duvernay
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Gabe Davis
  • Darnell Mooney
  • KJ Osborn
  • Donovan Peoples-Jones
  • Nelson Agholor

Chark and Shenault are also FA's at the end of the year.

Of the above mentioned, Tee Higgins and Calvin Ridley are the only potential #1's but it's not guaranteed that either actually make it to FA. There are solid #2 option guys on there like Evans, Bourne, Boyd, Brown, Pittman, Davis, Peoples-Jones, OBJ and Osborn. The rest are #3+ options. 

Samuel is still in the league?

Lemme guess... Commanders?

I’d continue to look in the draft for a true playmaker. 

I said elsewhere but a good part of Penix’s rise/hype in WAS has been due to Rome Odunze. Big fan of Rome, he’s an awesome talent. He’s like a faster Michael Pittman Jr. Vertical threat, hands catcher, tough, makes big plays. Is not complimentary, really the core of that Huskies offense. 

Troy Franklin in Oregon has been the other on my Saturday radar.  Game breaker, explosive talent. He’s kind of in the Aiyuk-esque realm and Aiyuk is definitely one of my fave receivers in todays NFL. 

And to that point—If we could somehow land Aiyuk, I’d be thrilled, but I doubt SF moves on. He may grow into their true #1 this year. He was a difference maker down the stretch last year.

There’s been a lot of talented WRs coming out late R1 and beyond..and we just can’t seem to pick the right ones.

Would love to change that—would be nice to at least hit with Mingo and get in position to add a rookie burner with a younger more reliable FA.