• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker

RumHam

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Only this franchise could have ruined him. Good on him. The Charlotte browns remain trash. Bryce young also looks bored in the pocket. Even stroud put up numbers today, he still a bust though. Wonder if we can get a first for burns at the deadline

I prefer Carolina Lions, but good enough.

48 minutes ago, frankw said:

Our Panthers could only wish to have a head coach like LaFleur. Trade away both your hall of fame QB and one of the league's most electric wide receivers and still be competitive in close games? I've seen so much nonsense as a Panthers fan I can't even imagine what that feels like. But our head coaching vacancy came down between two previously fired head coaches. It was always going to be this way.

The post Rodgers Packers beat a bad Chicago team and just lost to the same team we lost to. I’m not sold one way or the other on them yet. 

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Hasn't this always been the thing about Baker Mayfield?  He will shine for a few games, and look like a world beater, then come back down to Earth and take his place as one of the worst QBs in the league?  Seems to have been his M.O. most years of his career.

Pretty much.  That's the problem with QBs who make bad decisions: they can clean it up for a few games while they are thinking about it, but at some point they revert to making bad decisions.  Darnold looked pretty decent for us his first few games, too, but then he fell back into the same trap.

People are jumping to all sorts of conclusions based on almost two weekends of games.  History tells us not to get too attached to things until October comes into focus.  Every year there is a lot of pyrite in September.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I feel like a lot of people are flunking history right now 😕

This. The NFL season really begins in Week 5.

Remember when we started 3-0 under Matt Rhule and thought we had fixed Sam Darnold? How'd that turn out?

That said, it wouldn't shock me if Baker ends up being good for them. Let's not forget he was the #1 overall pick; there IS talent there. But I feel pretty sure by the end of the year he'll revert to form.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

This. The NFL season really begins in Week 5.

Remember when we started 3-0 under Matt Rhule and thought we had fixed Sam Darnold? How'd that turn out?

That said, it wouldn't shock me if Baker ends up being good for them. Let's not forget he was the #1 overall pick; there IS talent there. But I feel pretty sure by the end of the year he'll revert to form.

It's possible.

14 hours ago, RumHam said:

Only this franchise could have ruined him. Good on him. The Charlotte browns remain trash. Bryce young also looks bored in the pocket. Even stroud put up numbers today, he still a bust though. Wonder if we can get a first for burns at the deadline

I saw an ad on YouTube TV promoting Hallmark channel’s Christmas movie marathon.

Given some of the posts I’ve seen, this may be a healthy alternative for some folks.  

Cats Love GIF by Diamond Pet Foods

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, joemac said:

Hasn't this always been the thing about Baker Mayfield?  He will shine for a few games, and look like a world beater, then come back down to Earth and take his place as one of the worst QBs in the league?  Seems to have been his M.O. most years of his career.

Baker is still ass. His lone TD yesterday was a prayer he put up to Evans in double coverage. We dont have a WR or TE that is going to pull in balls like that. 

It helps a ton when you have weapons, Their #2 Godwin is better than any WR we have had in years when healthy.