• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young performance graph #2

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Wow, 2.6 seconds is the third longest right now?  That is usually a little below the norm (typically around 2.7-2.75), with some QBs having over 3 seconds every year. 

Either defenses are getting after them or OLs have not hit their stride yet.

I saw the same thing in the stats. League wide it would seen.

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

I saw the same thing in the stats. League wide it would seen.

If that continues, the league will no doubt change the rules.  DL and onrushing blitzers will have to count to "3 Mississippi" before crossing the LOS, or some other such tripe.

I would guess the number will go up as offenses settle in (usually after 3 or 4 games), but who knows.  It may just be some new trend.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Wow, 2.6 seconds is the third longest right now?  That is usually a little below the norm (typically around 2.7-2.75), with some QBs having over 3 seconds every year. 

Either defenses are getting after them or OLs have not hit their stride yet.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/passing_advanced.htm

Stepping back through the last 3 seasons the longest pocket time of any QB by season end was 2.7 seconds and that's only 1 or 2 QBs tops.  

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/passing_advanced.htm

Stepping back through the last 3 seasons the longest pocket time of any QB by season end was 2.7 seconds and that's only 1 or 2 QBs tops.  

Maybe I am confusing it with their release time, then.  Which would include time outside of the pocket before the release. 

So, not so much of an anomaly.  My bad.

11 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

Because you can better judge velocity when you're closer to the action than watching it from home. 

I'd actually argue the opposite

When you're in person in the stands, you can't see the whole picture as easily, where the QB is, where the WR is, where the DB is, and depending on your viewing angle, seeing the flight path of the ball can distort the velocity of the pass.

But watching on tv, you can see the whole picture at once and see how quickly the ball closes the gap between the QB and WR, as well as see how quickly the ball gets there vs the DB closing on the WR.

• Pie 1

poo chart is poo if not including the time he has to throw. Including pocket time, this simply tells me he's not confident and is scared to make any tight throws causing hardly any first read passes.

Dalton is about to show us if our WR's are trash or if Young is. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I'm shocked at how terrible Bryce has looked through two games. It feels like we're approaching the moment where a sideline camera picks up him admitting to seeing ghosts out there.

I really thought that if he could stay healthy at his size he would be at worst a decent starter. So far he's looked closer to Jimmy Clausen than he has to a decent starter.

That’s a little much.  Bryce has avoided the bone headed, head scratching decisions that Jimmy would make such as throwing into double coverage, throwing up prayers that have zero chance of being completed, taking huge sacks instead of throwing the ball away.  He’s played smart for the most part and remained calm.  If anything he needs to learn to push the envelope a little more, rather than waiting for someone to be wide open like college.  

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

That’s a little much.  Bryce has avoided the bone headed, head scratching decisions that Jimmy would make such as throwing into double coverage, throwing up prayers that have zero chance of being completed, taking huge sacks instead of throwing the ball away.  He’s played smart for the most part and remained calm.  If anything he needs to learn to push the envelope a little more, rather than waiting for someone to be wide open like college.  

He's making them, he's just getting bailed out by butter fingered DBs and a lucky flag on a strip sack. He could easily be turning the ball over at an alarming rate. Every time he tries to throw a ball over 10 yards down the field into any type of traffic at all it's either picked or nearly picked. I think that's why he looks so hesitant.

6 minutes ago, Fright said:

poo chart is poo if not including the time he has to throw. Including pocket time, this simply tells me he's not confident and is scared to make any tight throws causing hardly any first read passes.

I agree.

Not that Young is trash, he's a rookie whose struggling. He isn't the first and he won't be the last.

Some of these guys act like it's asinine to say that the rookie is struggling.

Oh it's the receivers, oh it's the line.

I've seen alot of Panthers football this Oline is one of the more talented groups we have, yes there is some injuries, but Byrce hasn't been under any abnormal about of pressure.

He's been hesitant to go with with his reads, and holding the ball too long. Now some are saying it's because the receivers are not open. Well Sunday if Dalton starts we will see if the receivers are as bad as its being made out to be. 

Nobody who calls themselves a fan wants Bryce to fail, we gave up way too much, but if he's not ready, maybe he needs to sit and watch ala Mahomes and other Qbs have done. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Fright said:

PFF I believe had him at 3.12 seconds time to throw. Im guessing that's counting him scrambling around the backfield not seeing a wide open TMJ on the first field goal drive among other scrambly things

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Smithers said:

No he hasn’t. 

He threw 2 awful int’s week 1 to the same damn players. Fumbled in the redzone on Monday and then threw another 2 balls that should have been intercepted