• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Dalton Expected to Start

Proudiddy

4 minutes ago, HarbingersDad said:

Guys come in here. Huddle (pun intended) nice and tight together. Leave your homemade tin foil hat at the door. 

Someone logically explain to me how pretending Bryce has an injury can be beneficial in any way to the coaches? Let’s workshop a few scenarios before your peckers come flying out of your pants.

Scenario 1: Andy looks great! He wins the game handily and throws for let’s say 300 yards and 2-3 tudders. Now the coaches look stupid for their pick because that means Bryce wasn’t pro ready day 1 (which is what they’ve all been telling us).

Scenario 2: Andy looks mediocre and we win a defensive battle. The offensive coaches also look stupid because that means it’s 100% scheming and roster building issues. Can’t really blame 1 QB or another in this scenario. 

Scenario 3: Andy looks terrible and Seattle takes a dump on our forehead. Now the *entire* coaching staff looks incompetent for a multitude of reasons. 

Okay ladies and fellas, explain away how this can possibly be a good thing for the coaches at the end of the day. 

I don’t necessarily believe it’s a conspiracy but if it was true, the consensus is it’s a way for the coaching staff to save face (Bryce wasn’t ready to start) and let Bryce develop. I believe Bryce has a hurt ankle. I’m not so sure I believe it’s hurt enough to keep him out of a football game. 

But yeah, if Dalton is able to spread the ball around and throw for 275+ and a couple of TDs, valid questions will be asked. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery
  • Pie 2

Just now, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I don’t necessarily believe it’s a conspiracy but if it was true, the consensus is it’s a way for the coaching staff to save face (Bryce wasn’t ready to start) and let Bryce develop. I believe Bryce has a hurt ankle. I’m not sure I believe it’s hurt enough to keep him outbid a football game. 

Which is fine to think that, but my overarching point is there is no logical conclusion one can draw that this will be a cop out for the coaching staff. What you described above means that the coaching staff and front office were all totally wrong about Bryce and they are realized he wasn’t what they thought he would be. I like to think Frank and Thomas Brown can’t possibly be that stupid because what Bryce needs right now is to continue getting in game reps. If his mind truly is that advanced for a rookie, holding a clipboard on the sideline only does so much good. 

25 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cxdx8NpLLgm/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Hey guys, remember the part where I was called insane and dumb for speculating that this was a soft benching and the staff using the phantom injury to save face and if Bryce still ended up playing my theory fell apart?  What a crazy conspiracy, right?

🤣

You realize nothing about this makes your conspiracy theory any less of a conspiracy theory, right? 

right? 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

1000% Just them trying to give him a mental breather before he catches a case of the David Carr

Absolutely feels like it. Playing poorly, offense looking anemic, phantom injury out of the blue announced on Wednesday, ruled out on Thursday when he looked fine strolling around practice. 

What a disaster.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, HarbingersDad said:

Guys come in here. Huddle (pun intended) nice and tight together. Leave your homemade tin foil hat at the door. 

Someone logically explain to me how pretending Bryce has an injury can be beneficial in any way to the coaches? Let’s workshop a few scenarios before your peckers come flying out of your pants.

Scenario 1: Andy looks great! He wins the game handily and throws for let’s say 300 yards and 2-3 tudders. Now the coaches look stupid for their pick because that means Bryce wasn’t pro ready day 1 (which is what they’ve all been telling us).

Scenario 2: Andy looks mediocre and we win a defensive battle. The offensive coaches look stupid because that means it’s 100% scheming and roster building issues. Can’t really blame 1 QB or another in this scenario. 

Scenario 3: Andy looks terrible and Seattle takes a dump on our forehead. Now the *entire* coaching staff looks incompetent for a multitude of reasons. 

Okay ladies and fellas, explain away how this can possibly be a good thing for the coaches at the end of the day. 

If scenario 1 occurs then the staff have to decide who to play and it could blow back on starting Young if he goes out and we keep losing.  Might mean he sits for a while like Mahomes and many others gave.

Scenarios 2 and 3 would indicate Dalton sucks and actually increase the chances Young starts the next game.  But honestly the notion the staff sucks is not going to fly with most knowledgeable folks who thought we would struggle out of the gate with new staff and a rookie qb.