• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should Chuba be the #1 RB

Jmac

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Honestly the person who needs the ball more on offense is Laviska. Just like the last coaching staff he gets 1-2 plays in the first quarter and is never heard from again. Pretty crazy since it seems like he gets at least a 1st down every time he touches the ball

I get it to an extent. He's so niche in his role, that I think he's limited in how many plays he can successfully execute. But, I also realize that we have WR's who are useless when they line up. So who knows what the best option is... the coaching staff clearly hasn't figured it out.

2 hours ago, ChibCU said:

I get it to an extent. He's so niche in his role, that I think he's limited in how many plays he can successfully execute. But, I also realize that we have WR's who are useless when they line up. So who knows what the best option is... the coaching staff clearly hasn't figured it out.

That's true to a point. How niche is Taysom Hill? The Saints rode him to victory against us. I get Laviska isn't a threat to pass the ball but if he's killing it out of the backfield why not keep giving him the ball? He also doesn't get an opportunity to run many routes at all and he's probably our most explosive player. It's just weird he doesn't get more play time throughout the game

5 hours ago, Jmac said:

Never thought I would ask this question, but with our sorry running game...maybe it's time.

Sanders was a product of an eagles team with a great Oline and good overall offense. What rose colored glasses Fitts was wearing when he signed him, I don't know. 

They may be looking at the $$$ spent to sign Sanders. It wouldn't be the first time they pissed $$$ away. I am not crazy about Chuba, but he gets the job done at five yards (+/-) a carry, can't catch a cold unfortunately.

Sanders hasn't done much either rushing or catching out the backfield so far. Is it the play calling or sh*tty line play, who knows.

Regardless, Chuba needs more carries and use Sanders out the backfield In certain situations.

Bryce needs a running game.....period.

Hold my beer!! Can we focus for a sec,  you are definitely correct on the RBs!!! We suck we need a power back!! We got duped on Sanders!! My coworker was glad to get rid of him on the Eagles fandom 

15 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Hubbard shows a bit more burst to the line and you can probably run stretch plays with him more effectively than Miles.  Although neither are pure in the receiving department so there's a redundancy.

Similar to the WR crew with certain fundamentals down but severely lacking a quick slot guy or reliable deep threat. 

We're missing two critical pieces most modern offenses should have:

RB with receiving skills

A Shifty XYZ receiver

We decided to sign Miles and draft Mingo with those needs, which was in retrospect starting to seem kind of shortsighted. 

Guys like Tyjae Spears, Marvin Mims, Tank Dell, or Tyler Scott would have been in a good place here to make an impact.   

Welcome to the reality that our drafting/evaluation has been sub par.

15 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I have a feeling Foreman may have played himself a bit in the whole situation as well. He's a healthy scratch for the Bears at RB behind herbert and a rookie right now, so it's not like he's lighting the world up elsewhere.

For whatever it’s worth Foreman played behind a healthy offensive line too.