• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Monday Press Conferences

therealmjl

Yeah, he doesn’t look hurt and as anyone who watched the game could see, Dalton is night and day better, it isn’t close. Young managed to make Dalton look really good. 

Then you look over at CJ Stroud’s performance and realize that every game Young starts he looks worse and SO much worse by comparison, they need to hide that from people and hope they can figure something out to help the youngster. 

0-3 these vets are gonna get really upset if they don’t put the best players on the field. So I don’t know how this works out. 

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, Waldo said:

We could have just signed Dalton and saved 2 1st and a WR. Dalton at 36 has more upside and looks to have a longer career in front of him...

QB whisperer HC looks like it's time for the retirement home buddy 

This was basically the strategy we had with Rhule. Teddy, Sam, Baker.. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CanadianCat said:

And now we have Dalton which is like being back at Teddy with no hope of a good answer other than finding a Purdy...

The strategy works if you don't have failures making the moves. If you have failures in charge than any moves will still result in failures. That's why they are failing again this year...

4 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Can you imagine the state of this place if we planned on rolling into the season with Dalton as our main starter? We had 3 straight seasons of "no retread QB" discourse, but now they're acting like that's what they would've preferred.

• Pie 4

12 minutes ago, travisura said:

Can you imagine the state of this place if we planned on rolling into the season with Dalton as our main starter? We had 3 straight seasons of "no retread QB" discourse, but now they're acting like that's what they would've preferred.

That's because they trade what they did for Young now we have no choice but looking to a retread like Dalton...

All I know is if I were the HC, I'd be watching the run plays where Seattle used the TE's in the backfield.  That is a more modern concept in the run game that Frank is lacking.  He is relying on our line which has a rookie and a series of cast offs at guard to road grade and have the HB slip in a hole on either the A or B gap 90% of the time he is running the ball.

If you are going to keep Thomas, Gio, and Tremble active on gamedays you need to use them.  Shoot, they aren't catching the ball.  Heck I don't think Ian Thomas remembers how to do that, at least put them in position to make effective blocks. 

Everyone is all hyped about passing the ball, but look at SF, Mia, Cleveland, and Buffalo.  All of those teams are running the ball effectively.  If you called up Tarik or kept Blacksheer active on game days the Panthers could have a very good backfield by committee with Sanders, Chuba, and Black/Choen.  Chuba was out carried by Viska, but Chuba also had more receiving targets than Viska too!  

Frank needs to stop playing F*ck it and Chuck it.  Obviously the current strength of our team is not in the WR corps.  Run the freaking ball with creativity to open up the passing game.  Get out of the spread and work in play-action along with the RPO.

He needs to be the HC and not the OC.  It is too much for one person to handle effectively in the modern NFL.  Let Brown call the shots and provide feedback and direction like a true head coach should do.

This team is running the gauntlet with injuries, but is better than the product they are putting out on the field.  If they are able to establish the run against the Vikings they can beat them.  The Vikings defense gave up well over 100 yds to the Cardinals running and were absolutely gashed by the Eagles.  If we establish the run, we keep the Viking offense off of the field.  Plain and simple.  Who's going to cover Jefferson and Hockensen? That is the only hope for a W.

10 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

All I know is if I were the HC, I'd be watching the run plays where Seattle used the TE's in the backfield.  That is a more modern concept in the run game that Frank is lacking.  He is relying on our line which has a rookie and a series of cast offs at guard to road grade and have the HB slip in a hole on either the A or B gap 90% of the time he is running the ball.

If you are going to keep Thomas, Gio, and Tremble active on gamedays you need to use them.  Shoot, they aren't catching the ball.  Heck I don't think Ian Thomas remembers how to do that, at least put them in position to make effective blocks. 

Everyone is all hyped about passing the ball, but look at SF, Mia, Cleveland, and Buffalo.  All of those teams are running the ball effectively.  If you called up Tarik or kept Blacksheer active on game days the Panthers could have a very good backfield by committee with Sanders, Chuba, and Black/Choen.  Chuba was out carried by Viska, but Chuba also had more receiving targets than Viska too!  

Frank needs to stop playing F*ck it and Chuck it.  Obviously the current strength of our team is not in the WR corps.  Run the freaking ball with creativity to open up the passing game.  Get out of the spread and work in play-action along with the RPO.

He needs to be the HC and not the OC.  It is too much for one person to handle effectively in the modern NFL.  Let Brown call the shots and provide feedback and direction like a true head coach should do.

This team is running the gauntlet with injuries, but is better than the product they are putting out on the field.  If they are able to establish the run against the Vikings they can beat them.  The Vikings defense gave up well over 100 yds to the Cardinals running and were absolutely gashed by the Eagles.  If we establish the run, we keep the Viking offense off of the field.  Plain and simple.  Who's going to cover Jefferson and Hockensen? That is the only hope for a W.

This feels like 2021 all over again where we couldn’t run worth a damn and also couldn’t pass very well either. Rhule kept saying he wanted to establish the run but he never did. I think we won like one out of 11 games down the stretch that year.