• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miles Sucks, Right?

Proudiddy

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Sanders 4.0

Chuba 6.7

Chuba benched...

Chuba has stone hands, so him being in the game allows the defense to not pay attention to the RB on passing downs (or assume it's being handed off).

I understand folks want different results, but let's not forget the results Chuba has already (like a bunch of dropped passes).

I saw cmc do extreme work here and we definitely didn't have the best o line in the league in 2018 and 2019 when he was healthy

Maybe miles doesn't suck per say but if he really was that dude he'd be doing a lot better than he has the past couple games  

Edited by Hoenheim

Miles had a couple yards short of 100 total in week 1 when BC was playing. He isn’t a rb than can make something out of nothing, but if we get our OL playing better he will look better. The OL play can fix like 80-90% of our offense. We still have some WRs running sloppy routes but outside of that it’s OL play. Corbett will help but will probably be rusty for a game or two. That BC injury hurts a lot more than I thought it would. 

12 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t know who Jeff Stoutland is but let’s get our billionaire owner to write a check. 

Stoutland won’t leave Philly unless he’s fired. Apparently the Eagles were his favorite NFL team growing up and he’s been there through 3 different head coaches. 

I wanted them to get his assistant Roy Istvan when we fired Pat Meyer 

Edited by Cdparr7

2 hours ago, Icege said:

Chuba has stone hands, so him being in the game allows the defense to not pay attention to the RB on passing downs (or assume it's being handed off).

I understand folks want different results, but let's not forget the results Chuba has already (like a bunch of dropped passes).

Chuba has cleaned that up considerably. Stop acting like opposing DCs are saying, "Chuba's in, that's an automatic run." Chuba caught his fair share last year. Is he perfect? No. But is he leaving balls on the field like he did his rookie year? No.

Edited by top dawg

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Chuba has cleaned that up considerably. Stop acting like opposing DCs are saying, "Chuba's in, that's an automatic run." Chuba caught his fair share last year. Is he perfect? No. But is he leaving balls on the field like he did his rookie year? No.

His fair share? He went from 37 targets during his rookie season (with 7 drops) to less than half of that last season with only 17 targets (and still had 1 dorp).

The issue with the run game isn't the RB. It's the run blocking execution.

2 hours ago, Icege said:

Good thing Reich called him 3 bubble screens and only one actual run last week. Genius play calling. You have to run the ball to wear out the Defense, get your O-like in rhythm and to set up play action. Sanders obviously isn’t an every down back, Chuba hits the line harder when they actually let him run the ball and not try to get cute with it

3 hours ago, toldozer said:

Well maybe we shouldn't over pay a productive back that rushed behind the best line in football.  The way frank schemes up runs Foreman would have been the better option

Either Gantt or Kaye said Foreman wasn't a fit for the offense though lol. They don't even know what the offense is, and I can't think of an offense that couldn't use a rotational power back

• Pie 1