• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich vs Matt Rhule

micnificent28

They look pretty similar to me. Teams always unprepared and making stupid game costing mistakes all the time. It's not a bad play occasionally that happens its consistently beating ourselves.  Perhaps if we put up a sign to remind the players not to do that. 

• Beer 1

They are both bad. Frank might be a little worse at offense. Rhule had a defensive coordinator whose best season in the NFL came from coaching the line backers on the 2008 Lions who went 0-16.

Let’s not get anything twisted here. They’re both awful coaches. 

• Pie 2

I guess we could compare their first seasons. The team I liked the best under Rhule was his first team before Fitt poisoned the well. Although that team only won five games it was pretty fun. I had high hopes, but then Fitt came in and started the dark times. So for me that first season under Rhule was actually fun.

By the time Frank and Beans arrived here we were under full on Fitt torture. Fitt had already traded CMC, and we had suffered horribly under the long reign of Sam Darnold. Frank's first season here so far has been awful and feels pretty hopeless. We're basically playing an offense and defense without the right players in place, so it's just really weird and disjointed. We can't hang our hat on anything really, and we have no identity whatsoever. This isn't fun. It's the dark times. No Teddy carving up things with mid range passes. No CMC running wild. Nothing. Just a tumbleweed of despair rolling by. We have nothing.

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I guess we could compare their first seasons. The team I liked the best under Rhule was his first team before Fitt poisoned the well. Although that team only won five games it was pretty fun. I had high hopes, but then Fitt came in and started the dark times. So for me that first season under Rhule was actually fun.

By the time Frank and Beans arrived here we were under full on Fitt torture. Fitt had already traded CMC, and we had suffered horribly under the long reign of Sam Darnold. Frank's first season here so far has been awful and feels pretty hopeless. We're basically playing an offense and defense without the right players in place, so it's just really weird and disjointed. We can't hang our hat on anything really, and we have no identity whatsoever. This isn't fun. It's the dark times. No Teddy carving up things with mid range passes. No CMC running wild. Nothing. Just a tumbleweed of despair rolling by. We have nothing.

And teams that don’t really even have a national following(Vikings) taking over your stadium. Dark times indeed 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

I can’t believe I’m agreeing with this but yea, especially Joe Brady. The offense from 2020 was actually sufficient, they just couldn’t close out games

Are you forgetting that the team could not score in the second half of games? Hell, they only scored 3 second-half TDs the entire month of December.

That doesn't make Reich any better, but the 2020 team had more than its share of suck. My expectations for this 2023 team were already low because of all the change but this has been worse than I anticipated.