• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer ladies and gentleman

therealmjl

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Fitts couldn't hold his water one more draft and it will likely be his downfall.  I get the heat he was feeling, especially from Tepper, but man this draft will probably be the nail in his coffin as the Panthers GM

Yeah, I think he might struggle to see next offseason. TBD.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I think he might struggle to see next offseason. TBD.

The best thing we could have done, and what I was a HUGE proponent of was getting the bridge QB a la Bridgewater and do it the right way this time.  We got Dalton, so the opportunity was there.  With a brand new staff and a fan base hungry for some success, this was the way to go.  Get some weapons on offense and draft the rookie in 2024.  Chance are we would have been a middling team and could have still got a QB without trading to #1 or trading up at all because the QB draft is so deep.  Not having the #1 overall would have taken away the urgency to play the rookie right away.  It's not uncommon for mid-first round QBs not to start their first season or sit at least a portion of the season.

If you know how much I enjoy the draft and see how absent I was in the draft forum after the trade with the Bears...it would make complete sense.