• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The impressive throw you wanted from Bryce

TheCasillas

7 hours ago, Navy_football said:

I'm just trying to understand why so many are stuck on drooling over players from other teams at this point. 

It doesn't matter if Stroud is a HOFer in 3 years and Bryce is out of the NFL next year. Bryce is the Panthers' QB. Stround is the Texans QB. That ain't gonna change. It would make more sense to compare him to 2nd round QBs in next year's draft or 1st rounders in 2025. 

No one can argue against Stroud having the most success thus far - 4 games in, or that AR looks like Cam lite. No one. But unless you're just gonna switch to a Texans or Colts fan, then it makes no sense to dog your QB out and overanalyze him because he isn't another rookie QB taken 1-2 picks after him in the draft. Stroud missed throws. AR misses reads. Every QB that has ever played does. We don't know who Bryce will ultimately be, after 3 friggin games. 

I didn't want the Panthers to move up to #1 to get any QB in this draft. I thought we needed more playmakers and actual WRs before bringing in a rookie QB, for the reasons we're seeing Bryce struggling now. But Bryce is a Panther now. So he's my guy until he isn't. 

Because fans are so fuging frustrated that this owner, GM and HC has our new franchise QB playing worse than Zach fuging Wilson.

At this point I trust a poll on the Huddle to make the right decision more than Tepper, Fitts or Reich. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Did the Jags have good reason to think that Trevor was seriously physically limited in what he can do on an NFL football field?

There was most definitely questions surrounding whether he was going to translate into a good QB or not. He had a pretty rough rookie season going 3-14. https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/4360310/type/nfl/year/2021

He had multiple games without a passing TD, a sub 60% completion % and 17 INTs to 12 TDs. The questions were definitely there. You don't have to have world class measurables to be a good QB in the NFL. Most guys just need time. In fact, I would say the majority of the NFL starters in today's NFL either had rough/incomplete rookie campaigns or sat for a year or more.

Sure it sucks being in another "wasted" year where we'd probably be picking in the top 10 again if we had a 1st round pick. The fans have a right to be upset after what was seemingly promised a "playoff" season in year one but thats not how its worked out this far. Do we give up now after all the work that has been put in? I don't think so. I think we continue building this team and see what happens and hopefully they end up turning the corner. I truly believe that they will.

• Beer 1

That college deep ball posted on Young’s behalf, how many steps did he use on the running start? Looked like the damned javelin throw.
Doesn’t that make a difference to people? You have guys that throw that flat footed.   

I guess he might get that much room to throw in the NFL. 

edit: sorry Wille but as I remember it the majority here got exactly what they wanted. They were really loud about it.  
Only thing left to watch is to enjoy the recriminations against everyone but the quarterback. That is what radio is doing too. They can’t admit it.

You get Manning comparisons all day  but no Leafs for example. He probably had a pretty crappy rookie campaign too. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Beer 3

6 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

That college deep ball posted on Young’s behalf, how many steps did he use on the running start? Looked like the damned javelin throw.
Doesn’t that make a difference to people? You have guys that throw that flat footed.   

Lmaooooo.... javelin throw

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Anyone got anymore of those 10 yard incompletions????

If this throw wasn’t to the end zone it would’ve even make a regular highlight reel. It’s just a decent 10 yard throw that wasn’t caught. I give the throw a 6/10 and the overall play execution a 3  for the whole offense lol

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

edit: sorry Wille but as I remember it the majority here got exactly what they wanted. They were really loud about it.  
Only thing left to watch is to enjoy the recriminations against everyone but the quarterback. That is what radio is doing too. They can’t admit it.

You get Manning comparisons all day  but no Leafs for example. He probably had a pretty crappy rookie campaign too. 

I mean yeah let's just ignore the 40 yard overthrows he took week 1 to both Mingo and Marshall.

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:
1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

it'll at least shut you up if you're hanging your hat on him not being able to throw deep.

No, it won’t really do that, and the way you put it tells me you need to be cleared up on something. But first of all, bragging on the Mingo ball and the other one, a third round QB makes those same throws all day. 

To clear up what I won’t shut up about, I am not the one that said he couldn’t throw deep (or far), I am the one that says his mechanics overly compensate for his lack of arm strength. He has to use his whole body to get what prototypical players get flatfooted. There are a lot of consequences rippling through a football play, timing wise. Play calling wise, I would for sure bet. 
 Why do I want less than the best (top level) arm if I am paying top dollar? So yes, huge questions on Bryce Young and the NFL since I laid eyes on him.

Arm, good enough (third round arm strength?). . Okay i know Fran Tarkenton won with not the best arm, he was not really fast afoot, I watched him. It was a long time ago and a different game. Three times as fast now. Yet people used stuff like that to justify this. Not saying you did. But so much makes no sense, and people just go Yeah!

I notice the runup as much as the result on the college throw you posted, or that someone posted, and wonder to myself if the result would be there without it, and would the runup be allowed (takes more time, more space). Big can of worms. He would be truly historic if he succeeded   

Edited by stratocatter

On 10/4/2023 at 4:10 AM, Mr Mojo Risin said:

There was most definitely questions surrounding whether he was going to translate into a good QB or not. He had a pretty rough rookie season going 3-14. https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/4360310/type/nfl/year/2021

He had multiple games without a passing TD, a sub 60% completion % and 17 INTs to 12 TDs. The questions were definitely there. You don't have to have world class measurables to be a good QB in the NFL. Most guys just need time. In fact, I would say the majority of the NFL starters in today's NFL either had rough/incomplete rookie campaigns or sat for a year or more.

Sure it sucks being in another "wasted" year where we'd probably be picking in the top 10 again if we had a 1st round pick. The fans have a right to be upset after what was seemingly promised a "playoff" season in year one but thats not how its worked out this far. Do we give up now after all the work that has been put in? I don't think so. I think we continue building this team and see what happens and hopefully they end up turning the corner. I truly believe that they will.

Trevor is the #2 QB in the NFL through four games per PFF this season. Urban wasted his rookie year. 

20 hours ago, therealmjl said:

I mean yeah let's just ignore the 40 yard overthrows he took week 1 to both Mingo and Marshall.

The charts that came out today said Mingo is in the top 5 in the entire NFL for uncatchable passes being thrown his way, and that Bryce Young is one of the 4 most inaccurate deep ball QBs in the NFL this year. If he hit two deep balls this week it would shut some folks up. 

• Pie 1