• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Carolina sniffing around on Jerry Jeudy”

ncfan

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Nah.... the Panthers leverage in any Burns trade is that other teams will want him.

You could even make the argument that knowing we can't come to a deal with him actually would make teams want to overpay to get him because they know they'll have to battle other interested teams and many would view a pass rusher like him as the final piece to a SB run.

Or you could say because we can't make a deal, we'd be willing to take less just to get something. I think it all comes down to how bad Fitts fugged this up and also what's the contract number Burns really wants. If it's Bosa numbers, we may have less buyers than we hope. 

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

lets not bring dj moore into this.....

Is this some kind of knock on his low TD numbers?

Moore's worst year here was his rookie season with 788 yards, last year he had 888, his other 3 seasons were all over 1,150 yards.

Jeudy's 3 seasons went 856, 467 (in 10 games), and 972

There is no comparison between them as WRs, Jeudy can only dream to be on the level of a DJ Moore

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Or you could say because we can't make a deal, we'd be willing to take less just to get something. I think it all comes down to how bad Fitts fugged this up and also what's the contract number Burns really wants. If it's Bosa numbers, we may have less buyers than we hope. 

Again, nah.... not trading Burns in the end will also still just keep him really motivated this year to ball out as he knows it will affect his negotiating ability in the offseason.

He won't play on the tag next year, so tagging him to trade him will end up happening and we'll trade him before the draft for some picks.

There is no upside to selling short on Burns in season (which probably means we will)

Is this some kind of knock on his low TD numbers?

Moore's worst year here was his rookie season with 788 yards, last year he had 888, his other 3 seasons were all over 1,150 yards.

Jeudy's 3 seasons went 856, 467 (in 10 games), and 972

There is no comparison between them as WRs, Jeudy can only dream to be on the level of a DJ Moore

Yea im talking TDs.

https://predominantlyorange.com/posts/hypothetical-trade-package-jerry-jeudy-might-be-too-good-broncos-pass

Oh good lord, this guy thinks the Broncos should trade Jeudy and a 4th for Burns

I've always said nothing could get me to stop rooting for the Panthers, but this could test that theory, that would be an epically bad trade.

Nope...not going to happen. A current or future 1 will need to be involved IMO. 

Again, nah.... not trading Burns in the end will also still just keep him really motivated this year to ball out as he knows it will affect his negotiating ability in the offseason.

He won't play on the tag next year, so tagging him to trade him will end up happening and we'll trade him before the draft for some picks.

There is no upside to selling short on Burns in season (which probably means we will)

Maybe it's because I'm out in the PNW, but Burns doesn't get near the love as he does in Carolina. I have to listen to to Seahags,  9ers, and Broncos fans mostly and they all say the same thing. If you want to neutralize Burns, run at him. The Seahags fans I know were more worried about Luvu than Burns. I don't get the sense they have the same value on him as a player than Panthers fans do. 

10 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

If you don't think Burns is worth Higgins or a 1st separately, you don't understand how the NFL views pass rushers

The Broncos were able to trade Bradley Chubb and a 5th for a 1st, 4th, and a player, and Burns had 18 more sacks after his first 4 years than Chubb had at that point.  And Chubb had 5.5 sacks in 8 games before being traded during his 5th year, Burns already has 3 sacks after only 4 games during his 5th year.

100% chance a team would be willing to trade more than just a single 1st round pick for Burns this year, it's just a matter of our front office not being stupid this time and taking it.

I think I have shown from the beginning, when the Panthers made the horrible mistake of turning down two 1st and a 2nd, that I was correct on Burns value. Every step of the way. Feel free to take a look. 

They traded the 49ers 1st. So you have to expect a pick after 25(wound up 29) Swapped  day 3 picks. Edmunds had a 2.9 YPC in 42 carries over half a season with MIA. He has no value. For a DE they already knew what he would sign for. Unlike Burns who has priced himself over what a team that screwed up and gave him a lot more leverage is willing to pay. But you are proposing another team pay him and trade a 1st for the privilege. One agent had “they trade a late 1st for you” and the other had “they turned down two 1st and a second for you”. 

There is more to playing edge than making one good play a game. When you’re a liability on 40%+ snaps, how valuable are you? 

15 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

https://predominantlyorange.com/posts/hypothetical-trade-package-jerry-jeudy-might-be-too-good-broncos-pass

Oh good lord, this guy thinks the Broncos should trade Jeudy and a 4th for Burns

I've always said nothing could get me to stop rooting for the Panthers, but this could test that theory, that would be an epically bad trade.

If Fitts would even consider something this idiotic he should be fired immediately before he could do it when he could've just sent Burns to the Bears and kept a better WR in DJ.

• Pie 2