• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are positioned very well for 2024 and on

Lame Duck

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

We need a new GM and coach. Other teams have pushed their chips in on a QB who went bust (or whom they thought went bust) and survived, and we can too with the right people at the helm. Of course it will take a couple of years, but it is what it is.

What’s the success rate for a rookie QB to turn out okay after his coach is fired after one season? It’s usually tough for them having to deal with new offensive coordinators from year 1 to 2, I imagine it’s even tougher for them to get a whole new head coach. 

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

What’s the success rate for a rookie QB to turn out okay after his coach is fired after one season? It’s usually tough for them having to deal with new offensive coordinators from year 1 to 2, I imagine it’s even tougher for them to get a whole new head coach. 

True, but you gotta do what you gotta do. This situation is horrible. That's why I'm all for letting the axe drop before Young is fuged up irreparably. Hell, some think that he's already a bust if you read between the lines. Carr got Carred, RG3 got crushed, and Darnold began seeing ghosts. 

14 minutes ago, Varking said:

It might actually help. Now they would be forced to find a coach with a system that fits Bryce. Instead of having Reich coach someone that doesn't fit his system so they have to change the route combinations and play calling for said qb. 

8 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

We might not have 1st round draft pick but we projected to have $70M in cap space and if we restructure Moton, the number can rise to nearly $90M.  If we make Jackson post June 1st cut, we can save additional $11M.  In 2025, we are projected to have nearly $160M in cap space so we have to spend.

Next year FA market is loaded.  Of course some folks will get franchised but there’s a chance for us to go nuts.

Just leaving it here for some positive vibes.  While we are look like a complete trash, this team is positioned very well to flip this around in a very short period of time.

The Irony of a Lame duck giving good news. lol

• Beer 2

5 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

It might actually help. Now they would be forced to find a coach with a system that fits Bryce. Instead of having Reich coach someone that doesn't fit his system so they have to change the route combinations and play calling for said qb. 

We would need someone like Ben Johnson who was our #1 target for HC this year. He would establish a strong run game and innovate pass game. But he already said no this year…

• Beer 1

I’d say our best hope is 2025.

A lot of the awful contracts handed out this offseason are two year deals but in typical Panthers fashion that won’t come without a dead money hit in 2025

The way this thing seems structured and I assume it was unintentional because no one in that building is smart, we could have a new fresh start in 2025. This staff, offense, QB etc it isn’t good. Some think we haven’t reached rock bottom yet and I agree we haven’t. Im just hoping rock bottom brings us the 1st overall pick and 2025 and we get to do this all over again 

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, Martin said:

We would need someone like Ben Johnson who was our #1 target for HC this year. He would establish a strong run game and innovate pass game. But he already said no this year…

Smart man didn’t want to ruin his career working for David Tepper in 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

In fairness to tepper, and I cannot stand the man at this point, Ben Johnson pulled his name from all coaching searches not just ours

After talking to us. Add to the things they were saing about Steichen and it raises further questions about what they were saying in the hiring process.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everything hinges on Bryce Young panning out. It always has ever since we made that trade and pick. If he is the real deal we're gonna be fine. If he isn't it's gonna be a rough few years.

After next year (assuming we don't do something stupid) we'll have a first rounder again. If Bryce isn't looking the part by the end of next season we can start shooting our shots again.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

After talking to us. Add to the things they were saing about Steichen and it raises further questions about what they were saying in the hiring process.

I agree with that.   I still am fuming about the "bad zoom interview" with Steichen.  I couldnt believe Tepper and co were that moronic.