• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young amongst the best at not throwing “Interception Worthy” passes

Varking

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Man I wish we had Sam Howell right now. Washington would hand up the phone if you called asking to trade Bryce for Howell straight up

I don’t know about that. Howell is actually surrounded by some pretty good offensive weapons and has a better defense. Rivera and their line just suck. And Howell is very inconsistent and a turnover machine. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I'm aware of the changes in the league but you and your lols are acting as if everyone is only throwing screens as a coping mechanism because you don't like Bryce Young criticism. Conversely I must say after all your flailing about David Tepper it is amusing you are falling on your sword for the QB he wanted by any means necessary.

Anywho. Andy Dalton looked fine throwing downfield for the Panthers. And he's washed at best.

It has nothing to do with Bryce criticism, it has to do with not being an emotional weirdo whose simplistic understanding extends strictly to “THROW THE BOMB BRYCE ITS EXCITES ME I WANNA SEE THE BOMB”

weird to play up some us vs them huddle demographic, especially given that it’s the same contingent of posters who rush into trying to do narrative control anytime an inconvenient bit of data like this pops up, like lol the first page is full of the same predictable posters who logged in as quickly as they could to mash SCREEN MAN ITS THE SCREENS PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN as quickly as they could like lol whose actually insecure 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 4

56 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Man I wish we had Sam Howell right now. Washington would hand up the phone if you called asking to trade Bryce for Howell straight up

I’m not sure any team would trade for Bryce. Maybe  the Patriots, Bill may believe he can coach him up. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Noted.

I don't think you're actually watching these games though.

I don't watch every moment but I generally see all the games at once at a sportbook or sports bar. That's my normal Sunday NFL routine. I watch them some because I know a bunch of Foreskin fans.

13 minutes ago, Growl said:

It has nothing to do with Bryce criticism, it has to do with not being an emotional weirdo whose simplistic understanding extends strictly to “THROW THE BOMB BRYCE ITS EXCITES ME I WANNA SEE THE BOMB”

weird to play up some us vs them huddle demographic, especially given that it’s the same contingent of posters who rush into trying to do narrative control anytime an inconvenient bit of data like this pops up, like lol the first page is full of the same predictable posters who logged in as quickly as they could to mash SCREEN MAN ITS THE SCREENS PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN as quickly as they could like lol whose actually insecure 

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I don’t know about that. Howell is actually surrounded by some pretty good offensive weapons and has a better defense. Rivera and their line just suck. And Howell is very inconsistent and a turnover machine. 

And Bienemy does a much better job of scheming guys open than Reich. Unfortunately they gave up so many points so early (thanks DJ), that he could only dial up pass plays in the second half.

Thankfully I just picked up Howell in FA in my fantasy and played him this week. If not for that 1 pick, he would have gotten my a 40 burger. But I'll take the 38.

I mean, that isn't surprising. When you throw close to or behind the line of scrimmage, it's very unlikely to be interceptable. Bryce Young is only 30th out of 34 for intended air yards per attempt (https://pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/passing_advanced.htm). It could get worse!  But, in that stat, he is actually ahead of Geno Smith, Dak Prescott, and Joe Burrow, so... What use does it have? Perhaps not a ton.  Of course, Andy Dalton is at 8.2, good for 9th in the league, and ahead of CJ, Cousins, Allen, Mahomes... 

Bryce is tied for worst in the league in completed air yards per attempt, too. 

I don't think those stats are all on Bryce. It is clear the coaches don't trust him to execute the offense. That's a problem. What exactly is he learning throwing 20 screens a game?  Just sit him and let him learn if he is really so far behind he can't come close to executing the offense.

I *do not* think his stats indicate his arm talent isn't there... I used to, and I don't think he trusts himself enough to stretch the field, but I don't believe his arm is much worse ,if worse at all, than Dalton's.

Chandler Zavala is among the league leaders in fewest penalties among all offensive linemen with only two.  I somehow doubt this has any more merit than floating a bs metric about interceptable balls from a QB that has played historically awful through three starts.

Just now, AceBoogie said:

Oh wait you think Sam Howell is good? All of your Bryce posts instantly make sense. 

I just want to remind you that you TRASHED Teddy Bridgewater for playing exactly like Bryce has played so far. I remember. What changed? At least I'm consistent. I trashed Teddy for being a super conservative physically limited checkdown king and I'm trashing Bryce for being a super conservative physically limited checkdown king.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Growl said:

Preach