• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Isn't the Problem

NAS

15 minutes ago, Varking said:

I don’t care that it was garbage time it allowed him to go out there with his guys and get into a rhythm. Build some reps and confidence. We’ll see if it carries over to this week. 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... it won't. 

Not until it is garbage time again, which could be before half time after Miami puts up a 50 burger on us by then. 

Do we still continue with the positive narrative here of "at least he put together some good drives during garbage time" next week? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Hoenheim said:

You're just nut hugging if you repeatedly deflect all blame from Bryce it's getting old. 

The circumstances around him aren't the best. But he sure as hell hasn't been doing much to elevate the talent around him. The best qbs like mahomes and Brady do that.  That's why you see new England shitting their pants right now. Sorry ass qb play. 

His untimely turnovers in particular were back breakers in at least 3 out of his 4 games 

You do realize that Mahomes played in 1 game his rookie year. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... it won't. 

Not until it is garbage time again, which could be before half time after Miami puts up a 50 burger on us by then. 

Do we still continue with the positive narrative here of "at least he put together some good drives during garbage time" next week? 

That’s how I cope with the Panthers so yeah lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

13 minutes ago, TN05 said:

We were sold on “elite processing” and last week both of his interceptions were Clause -esque

Rookie being a rookie, He's still averaging more touchdowns than interceptions which is more than could be said for Trevor Lawrence his rookie year, on another terribly coached team.  

YEAR

G

ATT

COMP

PCT

YDS

AVG

LNG

TD

INT

20+

SCK

SCKY

RATE

This team has no on-field leaders. Shaq is the defacto leader of the team, the only guy from the glory days of 2015, and he’s out of course. No one else has a pedigree here with the capacity to lead the locker room. Burns is half checked out, the vets they signed in the off-season can’t wait to get out. 

This roster/FO needs an enema. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

We talking espn QBR? The one they used to manufacture The Golden Calf of Bristol being a good qb? 

Bryce isn’t absolved from fault but I’ve hated espn qbr since 2011.

If you're more comfortable with passer rating he's 29th.

Literally there is nowhere to go but up for Bryce Young as a passer. It's been that dreadful. There are of course circumstances beyond his control that are magnifying this but still the numbers are the numbers. I don't like what I'm seeing either.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I would be curious to see how Stroud would look in this mess.  I'm sure he would look better, but not as good as he does in a franchise that appears to have leadership and a HC that knows how to delegate/trusts his staff. 

@CamWhoaaCam you are always quick to admit when you are wrong, well you were right about Wilks over Reich and us signing Hopkins.

He’d be running for his life on most drop backs, just like Bryce. He’d be dealing with nobody getting open most plays and the defense giving up 42 points. 

• Flames 1

45 minutes ago, NAS said:

Rookie being a rookie, He's still averaging more touchdowns than interceptions which is more than could be said for Trevor Lawrence his rookie year, on another terribly coached team.  

YEAR

G

ATT

COMP

PCT

YDS

AVG

LNG

TD

INT

20+

SCK

SCKY

RATE

Sigh

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

He’d be running for his life on most drop backs, just like Bryce. He’d be dealing with nobody getting open most plays and the defense giving up 42 points. 

I don't think it's fair to knock the defense for points given up when they keep having to deal with short fields because of turnovers that Bryce caused.

Not saying the defense is great, but the offense keeps putting them in terrible positions.

The Lions had 3 TD drives yesterday that were 20, 38, and 31 yard drives.

That's not on them, that's on the offense.

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, frankw said:

If you're more comfortable with passer rating he's 29th.

Literally there is nowhere to go but up for Bryce Young as a passer. It's been that dreadful. There are of course circumstances beyond his control that are magnifying this but still the numbers are the numbers. I don't like what I'm seeing either.

Yeah it ain’t great but it’s all about development down the stretch. To write Bryce off now is honestly just asinine. 

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its fair to question his arm talent, its fair to question his size and its fair to question his athletic ability.  That said, after 5 games, what the fug is his strength?   Throwing screens, throwing between the numbers?  What has he shown at all?

What has anyone on the team shown?  It's not just Young that's playing like ass.