• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles interested in trading for Chinn

NAS

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

The wine and cheese army that is Raleigh would indeed not

Nobody is showing up for this dumpster fire. I remember when the canes were ass and that building was as empty as BOA. Everybody loves a winner 

• Pie 3

Knowing the Panthers, only a few possible options here based on an extremely consistent history of bad decisions.

1. They will trade Chinn for like a 6th round pick in 2040 and he will absolutely ball out like a madman for the Eagles.

2. The eagles will over a kings ransom for Chinn, and the Panthers don’t take it, only for him to not sign his contract and demand more money.

3. They don’t take any trade for Chinn at all (extremely good for Panthers or extremely bad for Panthers) and they let him walk away at the next contract time, getting absolutely nothing in return.

Its all this organization seems to be capable of.

• Beer 1

Chinn plus our 2nd for their 1st (and an additional pick) is an offer I can see being tossed around. Right now our 2 is a top 35 pick. Their 1 is probably going to be 28-32. They know we’re desperate for a 1, but they know Chinn isn’t worth a one. It’s the only way to bridge that gap.

I don’t know that it’s really worth it tbh. And yeah, it would be terrible to watch yet another player who was supposed to be a cornerstone go to a good team and excel.

on the other hand I do think we’ll start to put it together after the bye when we’re healthier and the schedules softens, so maybe that 2 climbs up near 40-45 and the trade is more tenable. Then again, players in the 25-40 range are generally similar anyways.

meh, probably still getting the short end of the stick. You can’t get so sucked into trying to get a 1 back that make stupid moves. They gave Christian mccaffrey away because they thought it was cute to effectively get all the Sam darnold picks back. Maybe if they’re willing to give us a 1 in exchange for Chinn and our 3rd I’d take this deal. 

Edited by Growl

Still don't understand why we've tried forcing Chinn into a secondary role.  

He's what, 10 pounds lighter than Hasson Redick? 15 or so pounds lighter than Luvu? Team has mismanaged him since he balled out his rookie year and almost was the RDPOY. Trade him to the Eagles and let him have a decent career instead of being forced to play in this nightmare. 

26 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

All this dumb team had to do was roll with Wilks and stock up with the CMC picks, but no.....

they would’ve been the same mediocre team they’ve been since tepper got here. Now they’ve got a #1 pick at QB and a coaching staff with at least some legitimately positive coaches.

they need to move on from the GM. They shouldn’t have gutted the team’s depth with stupid trades for predictable failures like the Sam darnold experience, they shouldn’t have stripped down the offense in their attempt to get up to 1, and I fear we’re veering dangerously close to saying that drafting Ekwonu over Charles Cross because of the local kid obsession was devastating. 

in spite of all those mistakes there’s generally reason to be positive long term, but they’re going to have to be creative.

I don’t understand why we’re never the team that comes away with one of these steal of a deals. A good player gets dealt away for next to nothing because of an unfavorable situation. We’re NEVER that team. 

Edited by Growl

42 minutes ago, Growl said:

they would’ve been the same mediocre team they’ve been since tepper got here. Now they’ve got a #1 pick at QB and a coaching staff with at least some legitimately positive coaches.

they need to move on from the GM. They shouldn’t have gutted the team’s depth with stupid trades for predictable failures like the Sam darnold experience, they shouldn’t have stripped down the offense in their attempt to get up to 1, and I fear we’re veering dangerously close to saying that drafting Ekwonu over Charles Cross because of the local kid obsession was devastating. 

in spite of all those mistakes there’s generally reason to be positive long term, but they’re going to have to be creative.

I don’t understand why we’re never the team that comes away with one of these steal of a deals. A good player gets dealt away for next to nothing because of an unfavorable situation. We’re NEVER that team. 

Sorry dude, I don't agree.  We finished one game out of the playoffs last year after firing a coach midseason.  Primarily due to the Horn injury.  We could have kept the picks and the power run game, bolstered our D, and signed Carr and would have been a good team with all of their assets.

Now we've abandoned the power run game, we drafted the wrong QB, we decapitated our assets, and traded our best WR.  It's like they committed suicide.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Sorry dude, I don't agree.  We finished one game out of the playoffs last year after firing a coach midseason.  Primarily due to the Horn injury.  We could have kept the picks and the power run game, bolstered our D, and signed Carr and would have been a good team with all of their assets.

Now we've abandoned the power run game, we drafted the wrong QB, we decapitated our assets, and traded our best WR.  It's like they committed suicide.

they didn’t “finish one game out of the playoffs”

they fell backwards into a contention game in the worst division in football and would’ve been humiliated by a much better Dallas team in the wild card round-as Tampa was.

Wilks’ brand of play not to lose football has had its time to prove itself here through multiple coaches, and people have seen how that brand of football fares when it’s ultimately forced to compete against aggressive teams that can win through the air and score points at will. The league has passed it by and people clinging to the silly fleeting feeling of “success” they had for a few days before the Tampa game (when the team was better served losing out for a higher draft pick) are hanging onto an illusion simply because it was rightfully removed from here before it played out to it’s inevitable conclusion-again.

making any determination about the QB is of course anti-intellectual at this point, especially coming off a game where he threw 3TDs in the road with no protection up front. 

you’re right though-they did tear down what they had. That was the point. They frightfully did not cling to the pretend illusion of “success” from the end of last season and made moves to build something more sustainable over the long term

tl;dr they were never going to win the division this season and that’s on you if you had those misguided expectations and are now having to reconcile the disappointment, the point of this season was never to win. If they had committed to this season earlier than they did last season-they’d still have Moore, but they too got sucked in the whirlwind of a few pointless late season games longer than they should’ve, only made possible by how bad the NFCS was 

Edited by Growl