• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT reporting Caleb Williams wants partial ownership stake in whichever franchise drafts him

Dorian Gray

29 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I can’t imagine who put that idea into his head. Being that delusional is a huge red flag and will only get worse with money. I can still see a team drafting him, and then telling him he has to abide by the contract with the NFLPA. You can’t be a player and part owner anyway. This is just mind numbingly stupid

He's getting a poo ton of money already via NIL, I think thats where all this craziness is starting from.

1 hour ago, Panther'sBigD said:

I’m all for it. Why does everyone instinctively poo on the guy actually producing the product rather than the old rich guys who mostly inherited their ownership stake? 

No draft pick has ever produced diddly poo in the NFL at the time acquired by a team.  And most disappoint.  QB bust rate is not incredibly high.  

that’s just giving away franchises to random people that might work out and might not.  That might be with your team a year or 2. 

I’m all for it. Why does everyone instinctively poo on the guy actually producing the product rather than the old rich guys who mostly inherited their ownership stake? 

Considering he hasnt played not one damn snap in the NFL he could be a huge bust. 

27 minutes ago, joemac said:

He's getting a poo ton of money already via NIL, I think thats where all this craziness is starting from.

Probably some truth to that.  Quick money makes many people start being silly between the ears 

• Pie 2

They can do that if they want, but math tells us that giving away 5% to every 1st round pick means teams will eventually run out of shares to give away.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Player Rule #1 in the NFL - You need the NFL but the NFL doesn't need you.

Player Rule #2 in the NFL - You are replaceable.

Player Rule #3 in the NFL - See #1 and #2.

Player Rule #4 in the NFL - If you think #3 isn't applicable to you.......then learn to update your resume and how does selling cars or insurance sound fella? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, joemac said:

This delusional MF has a better shot of getting equity in a nail salon.  He got EXPOSED against ND last week.  Bryce never had 1 college game as bad as Williams had last week. 

He looked terrible against Arizona too.

What's most alarming is he looked terrible against two completely different approaches. Arizona basically didn't rush. They focused on keeping him in the pocket and dropping as many as possible into coverage. Williams couldn't throw the ball against this defense but it allowed him to do just enough with his legs to get the W. Notre Dame blitzed him and heated him up and he turned the ball over in droves.

• Pie 2