• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Johnson, Mingo and Jamie Robinson

Frank9999

I’m not out on Mingo but I agree, fitt needs to ago. The past few years have been beyond egregious in mismanaging assets

all the draft capital we’ve traded for either JAGS or players we don’t resign (Darnold, Baker, Gilmore, trade up for Corral, trade of up for DJ Johnson) 

rejecting the burns trade and not including him in the trade to move to 1, but instead trading our 1 WR which we’re now in desperate need of, all to keep a player who’s on the fast track to walking this off season for a wasted year. 

Miles sanders

Every decision just reeks of trying to get out of a hole he dug himself. He has no clear vision, and seems to care more about “deals” than anything else 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, bandu said:

Scott Fitterer for being an idiot & agreeing to trade up & draft the kid

I feel like Fitterer is a yes man. He'll agree to recommendations just so he won't be fired. He let Rhule have a heavy influence on the past drafts, Yes man to Tepper with Young pick, yes man to dumb trades. I don't know that Fitt really has a plan on how to manage a team. If he is a yes man, he should listen to the huddle and resign. 

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

DJ johnson seemed like such a stupid pick even at the time. I hate Fitterer 

granted this is worded pretty vaguely but nonetheless its a bit worrisome

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/27/2023-nfl-draft-panthers-nicole-tepper-trade-call-dj-johnson/

edit - I meant to quote the post right above mine

Edited by mrcompletely11

31 minutes ago, Coheed said:

I’m not out on Mingo but I agree, fitt needs to ago. The past few years have been beyond egregious in mismanaging assets

all the draft capital we’ve traded for either JAGS or players we don’t resign (Darnold, Baker, Gilmore, trade up for Corral, trade of up for DJ Johnson) 

rejecting the burns trade and not including him in the trade to move to 1, but instead trading our 1 WR which we’re now in desperate need of, all to keep a player who’s on the fast track to walking this off season for a wasted year. 

Miles sanders

Every decision just reeks of trying to get out of a hole he dug himself. He has no clear vision, and seems to care more about “deals” than anything else 

One of the bigger indictments on Fitt: We used 5 picks in 2022 on what has amounted to nothing-no wait and see, the players are already gone.

2022:

2 picks for Corral - released/waived

2 picks for Brandon Smith - released/waived

1 pick on Barnes - released/waived

Looking at 2023, if DJ (2 picks) and Jammie (1) truly shape up to be off the roster shortly (which it sure is trending that way), then that's 8 picks used on almost instant burnt toast.

Half of our capital in two years gone, just like that.  It's even worse some of the main culprits were trade ups.  

The entire scouting dept. let us down with that, Fitt especially.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

I’m ready to see him leave but I don’t know why it will help. We have a head on this snake that dictates who will replace him, just be another yes man. 

Edit: at the same time, you want a GM who will listen to the coaches about players. So I expect that stuff to happen whoever is here. 

Edited by stratocatter