• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Texans at Panthers GameDay Thread

Zod

3 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

Not sure why you think that when Insider source Adam Schefter had started the Texans they would have taken Bryce. No team who has known that OSU cannot produce reliable QB and with his s2 score to go against, would risk taken CJ over Bryce. 

I said I thought Young was their QB1 and Ryans is pretty much confirming it. The S2 score has shown to be useless so let’s just never mention that again. Also both had great college highlights so cherry picking one clip vs another is just comical at this point.

Who the heck ever knows but there was lots of speculation we would have just gone with Will Anderson if Bryce wasn't there. Last minute Hannah McNair got involved, the brother of Cal McNair who has done a pretty terrible job with the franchise, and pushed (told?) the FO to draft Stroud. Obviously we ended up with both guys.

I'm still a bit shell shocked from the Astros losing 4 home games in the alcs so it's clouding my vision for Sunday! I'm expecting a good game. 

Texans fan chiming here.  I think that Ryan’s did in fact like both guys and would’ve been fine with whichever guy fell to us.  the only thing I think may have been different is perhaps we go ahead and take Will Anderson at 2 and then trade up for Bryce at 3 or maybe 4 instead of how it actually went.  As far as what this other Texans fan above is saying, don’t take that crap serious…it’s all speculation. The only thing we know for sure is that the owner’s wife Hannah is more involved on the PR & “rebranding” side of things with the Texans this year due to all the fallout behind all the bad coaching hires and Deshaun Watson; that’s it really. There’s 0 evidence that she had any involvement in the drafting process.  

As far as Young, I’ve been reading you guys’ threads on him & CJ all season and the long & short of it is from my standpoint is, I think he’s gonna be fine..It just looks like he wasn’t as pro-ready as draft scouts touted he was. I think the bigger issue for you guys is Reich and the offense he has him running…y’all don’t really have the personnel for it and Young’s development is suffering a little b/c of it. 

Wouldn’t read too much into this week’s matchup tho.  As good as CJ has been, we can’t run it and our defense kinda comes and goes. We’re still a relatively young team so learning how to consistently win is something we’re still…well, learning lol.  You guys most definitely have a shot to notch your 1st win this week especially considering y’all are at home. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2