• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are the chances Burns gets traded before the trade deadline?

CamWhoaaCam

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lions are a borderline contender. They lack another pass rushers opposite of Hutchinson. They will come calling and we would be foolish not to entertain offers for Burns.

I think Burns is gone by the trade deadline.

That loss may have caused some panic for the Lions.  I could see them trading for some help.

I would love this 1st, next year's 2nd (we are missing ours), and Jameson.

• Pie 2

50 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That loss may have caused some panic for the Lions.  I could see them trading for some help.

I would love this 1st, next year's 2nd (we are missing ours), and Jameson.

I think that's to much for Burns as of today. I'd love that trade personally but he's not performing like he did week one or two he's playing like he usually does a flash here and there washed out on other plays. He was hyped up and upset to start the season probably thinking I can show out and get a huge payday, as of now we might get a 1 and Jameson if we're lucky. We need Burns to turn it back up dominate a game somewhat so a contender can come running but it's hard to see two picks let alone two and a player when he's got a foot out the door based on no long term deal in place.

Fitt values Burns (astonishingly) as worth MORE than 2 firsts and a second. That offer from the Rams was child's play in Fitt's bonkers brain. So if Fitt trades Burns it had better be a fantastic deal for us. But I fully expect Fitt to sign Burns to the deal he wants or very close to it.

1 hour ago, SCO96 said:

This is why I don't regret not taking the Rams up on their deal to obtain him for 2 first round draft choices. If we had those choices I wouldn't have any faith that Fitz (or anyone involved in the current front office) to pick the right player. I think we have a major problem with our GM and the scouting department. Scott has shown a tendency to over-value too manyp layers...and this could be due to bad intel from the scouts. We know a GM doesn't have time to do enough college scouting to build the draft board by himself.

I do. The firsts were in 2024/2025 and we finished with a better record than the Rams. Those Rams picks were likely considered better than ours (especially after dropping Ramsey, Floyd and others) so we might have lucked out and traded those instead. Heck, with pick 36, we might have had that extra 2nd so we would t have had to get rid of Moore.

It would be nice still having Moore, our 1st in 2024 and both our 1st and the Ram’s 1st in 2025 even with the Young trade for 9, 36, 61, Rams 1st in 2024 and our 2nd in 2025. Also, having $30M a year for FAs like Floyd and Gilmore too.

Also, yes, I’d want Fitt gone before the 2024 draft.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

A team doesn't get better by trading their best player. 

The Dolphins did. Tunsil was their star LT and they traded him for two firsts. One ended up being the Trey Lance trade pick, so worked great for them. Jets are a better team from the Jamal Adams trade. Detroit appears better overall after trading Stafford. They are above .500 2 out of 3 years since the trade after being above .500 4 of 12 years with Stafford. The Jaguars are a playoff team after trading Ramsey. I think that is enough for me.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Just a reminder the trade for Burns did not contain a 2023 first rounder and so by most front office beliefs the two first rounders offered were not the same as to a fan. I am pretty sure if the Rams had included a 2023 first instead of 2025, Burns woulda been gone.

That’s a bad approach. We are 0-6, a 2023 1st (which the Rams didn’t have) isn’t more valuable. The reason why bad teams like us are OK with future firsts is because they are more valuable to us. We are rebuilding and are not competitive yet. To us a 2025 1st is more valuable than to a current playoff team.

There are people who think that every pick is devalued per year by a round which means a 2025 1st is worth a 2023 3rd. That’s stupid. The average 2023 3rd player is not more talented than the average 2025 1st. Since we weren’t competing in 2023 or 2024, except in our idiot FO’s mind, a 2025 1st is a 1st round talent and worth way more to us than a 2023 3rd.

Think about it this way. Would you rather have a DE from the 2025 1st and a QB from the 2025 1st or DJ Johnson and Matt Corral. No one will convince me that the latter is worth anywhere close to the former for us as a rebuilding team.

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

The Dolphins did. Tunsil was their star LT and they traded him for two firsts. One ended up being the Trey Lance trade pick, so worked great for them. Jets are a better team from the Jamal Adams trade. Detroit appears better overall after trading Stafford. They are above .500 2 out of 3 years since the trade after being above .500 4 of 12 years with Stafford. The Jaguars are a playoff team after trading Ramsey. I think that is enough for me.

okay well then name me just one trade & yes that's it just only one decent1 trade that  the Carolina Panthers have made since David Tepper bought the team 5 plus years ago ?