• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Deadline & Speculation Thread

Bear Hands

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Legit envious of John Lynch and the 49ers.  They know what they are doing.  Getting Chase Young for a late 3rd is fuggin robbery 

With how injury prone chase young is, it's not the worst trade for the commanders. He was great his rookie year, but has been pretty non-existent since then (Although he has had a good start to this season). He's honestly made of glass and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets hurt within the next few games.

I think the commanders could have gotten more for Sweat than they did - That was their bigger screw up

Edited by PleaseCutStewart

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bieniemy is putting way too much weight on the passing game. Their OL is terrible at pass protection and they have a solid running game when he's actually letting them run the ball. But he's treating Howell, a 2nd year pro and 1st year starter, like he's mid-career Patrick Mahomes. I'm as high on Howell as it gets but there's too much weight on him right now. The guy is tougher than a $2 steak and the hits don't impact him mentally and he'll still stand in there and make the throws while staring down the barrel but you see his accuracy drop off over the course of the game. It doesn't matter how tough you are mentally and physically, the hits eventually eventually start having an impact and he's getting hit like very few QBs have ever gotten hit and his OC isn't helping him out of the OL out. They need to be running the ball. But losing their two pass rushers is going to put them even more behind the eight ball in the scoreboard and likely lead to even more pass happiness as their D gets scorched.

Having grown up a Redskins fan in the DMV and then living in Charlotte for a long time…it kills me how my Redskins family doesn't understand that patterning after the Panthers is comical.

Ron Rivera is their current head coach with almost GM power.

Marty Hurney is the Redskins current Executive VP of Football Player Personnel…and still a yes-man to Ron (for the 3rd time?).

How many times in NFL history has a GM gotten fired, rehired by his own team…then that coach gets fired…and the coach basically re-hires that GM (who is technically his own boss)?  

**Getting to hire your boss must be fun!!!**

Doing it three times with two different organizations is Three Stooges hilar.

Only twice in NFL history has a team with a losing record made the playoffs:

1.) Carolina with Ron Rivera

2.) Washington with Ron Rivera

Stats that legends are made of.

Panthers are comical and Washington just copies their failures, which is beyond belief.

🙃

IMG_0440.thumb.png.60d2f0141c25277c733561c94b641eb6.png

Marty Hurney is the 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Only twice in NFL history has a team with a losing record made the playoffs:

1.) Carolina with Ron Rivera

2.) Washington with Ron Rivera

Stats that legends are made of.

Panthers are comical and Washington just copies their failures, which is beyond belief.

🙃

Not to derail your rant, but this isn't true. 2010 Seahawks and 2022 Buccaneers also hold this title.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

Legit envious of John Lynch and the 49ers.  They know what they are doing.  Getting Chase Young for a late 3rd is fuggin robbery 

The insiders are saying it was just a third because Chase has made it clear he intends to test free agency so he’s just a rental. If he were willing to sign long term with somebody he would have gotten a higher return. That and folks still want to see him better after his injury. 

But I agree. Dudes a steal for a third and I can’t imagine he wouldn’t want to stay in SF after lining up next to Hargraves and Bosa. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

If Young got traded, Burns should have

I’d be livid if we only got a third or second for Burns. My guess is there just weren’t any takers. Burns hasn’t looked great this year and he is about to be $30M per year. 

8 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I think the commanders could have gotten more for Sweat than they did - That was their bigger screw up

I don't agree. The Bears second round pick is likely to end up like a late first rounder. His deal was expiring anyway and it's not like the Bears are going to compete for the playoffs this season. They could have just signed him in free agency with all the cap space they are going to have. They need as many picks as they can get.

Edited by X-Clown
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I’d be livid if we only got a third or second for Burns. My guess is there just weren’t any takers. Burns hasn’t looked great this year and he is about to be $30M per year. 

The non-exclusive tag was created for situations with players like Burns. 

A little follow-up...

I've seen it reported that the Raiders weren't taking calls yesterday, so even if anybody had wanted to make them an offer they might not have been able to because they were busy firing everybody 😕

Also, this...

It's speculation, but it's worth a thought.

If it does happen, probably won't be anybody all that notable.

per Albert Breer

Silence from New England, Carolina and Denver reflects, to me, a very short supply of buyers this year. I’ll dig this week into why it played out that way, because there were opportunities out there for teams that wanted to take a swing or two. In the end, there simply wasn’t a great appetite on the part of contenders to pick up the bat

Fitterer tried no one was interested in what we selling