• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The defense is decimated

Jmac

10 hours ago, thebdawg said:

It really is wild how many players we’re missing on that side of the ball.

One of the worst parts about it is our defensive line has been healthy all season, yet we are 31st against the run. Our run defense is just awful.

Gee whiz, didn't know that. That's pretty bad.

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yet people still suggesting we trade Burns.

This team is in a bad position. After we trade Burns we have a roster full of no names. Tough times to be a Panthers fan.

I feel like this is part of the reason you trade Burns. We are next to last stopping the run and he’s a huge part of that. If he’s not going to be a game wrecker in the pass rush ( and he isn’t on that level yet ) then it doesn’t make up for how poor he is against the run. 

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

I feel like this is part of the reason you trade Burns. We are next to last stopping the run and he’s a huge part of that. If he’s not going to be a game wrecker in the pass rush ( and he isn’t on that level yet ) then it doesn’t make up for how poor he is against the run. 

Trade Burns? Why? You have a GM who can’t evaluate the value of draft picks acquired. The same GM can’t evaluate talent talent. Wait until the next GM and let him make the decision. It will not be long. 

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, thebdawg said:

It really is wild how many players we’re missing on that side of the ball.

One of the worst parts about it is our defensive line has been healthy all season, yet we are 31st against the run. Our run defense is just awful.

While I didn't expect us to be elite defensively against the run, I didn't expect this. It also screwed me over in fantasy... used my week one waiver claim on Tyler Allgeier. Little did I know at the time, the Panthers just sucked immensely and made him look like a star.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Stuart Smith said:

Trade Burns? Why? You have a GM who can’t evaluate the value of draft picks acquired. The same GM can’t evaluate talent talent. Wait until the next GM and let him make the decision. It will not be long. 

You can trade Burns for picks, or WR help and a pick, fire Scott in the offseason and let the new GM make the pick. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 10/25/2023 at 10:25 AM, ChibCU said:

While I didn't expect us to be elite defensively against the run, I didn't expect this. It also screwed me over in fantasy... used my week one waiver claim on Tyler Allgeier. Little did I know at the time, the Panthers just sucked immensely and made him look like a star.

LOL I did the exact same thing. He had like 24 I thought got a steal.. nope just that good ole panther defense

• Beer 1