• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ickey is fuging garbage - the official thread™

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

There was an offensive scheme change and not sure he fits it

Brady is also not a LG.  

it is a total mystery,  when it’s clear he needs help, that offensive coaches are not giving it to him and are letting their #1 draft pick get mauled every game

there are certainly was to scheme around this situation  the coaches are just not doing it     I guess they are ‘just a wishing  and a hoping’ for a miracle 

Frustrating , There were warning signs with the last game injuries to key starters last year and nothing of consequence was done to fix it and lack of depth 

the coaches are bad, OP

problem really isn't Ickey.  Problem is Carolina.  Our instability and lack of building toward an actual vision.   

Icky was a run centric LT. Everyone knew that in the draft.   And was saw last season, the results are good when you use a player how they are meant to be used. 

Frank Reich's shotgun heavy scheme that is now featuring Bryce Young.....means Icky isn't meant to be the LT for that type O. 

• Pie 2

We blame Ickey for inadequate play but there were a few things I noticed that might have us thinking it wasn't all his fault.

The RG Throckmorton slid right, leaving Ickey on an island and the RG ended up blocking no one.

Brown gave Ickey no help. Not even a chip. Nor was there a check down throw for Bryce.

On at least 3 of those sacks Bryce stood still, flat footed, in the pocket for 2+ seconds before he was hit. Why didn't he roll to his right or throw the ball away?

3 hours ago, CRA said:

problem really isn't Ickey.  Problem is Carolina.  Our instability and lack of building toward an actual vision.   

Icky was a run centric LT. Everyone knew that in the draft.   And was saw last season, the results are good when you use a player how they are meant to be used. 

Frank Reich's shotgun heavy scheme that is now featuring Bryce Young.....means Icky isn't meant to be the LT for that type O. 

Thanks. That makes sense and explains the problem Ickey is having at LT.

8 hours ago, electro's horse said:

it blows my mind an incoming coaching staff could look at how the offensive line is built, how they had success in the second half of last year, how productive Foreman was as a starter, and then just go "nah" 

The OL being dogshiit is the biggest mind fug for this year. Ive been telling myself "Ickey, boz, and moton didnt forget how to play OL" for the last 5 weeks now. Best Ive came up with (besides the change to zone), is Christ was 10x more valuable than I thought and hes the #1 glue guy. 

Plus campy doesnt know how to teach zone technique. The run game is a total joke and I believe they are the most penalized team and thats cause of the OL fuging up non-stop. 

He's been god awful.  I get the idea of changing schemes, but something is more off than that and I think it might have something to do with offseason conditioning.  Going into the draft all those guys have to work their ass off to be the absolute peak condition to get the biggest payday, so that translates easier into the NFL as opposed to a full offseason where they have to stay committed to eating well, exercising, ect.  I thought about this on the play where he got trucked off snap, that makes no sense for a guy who supposed to be a road grader.  I get bad technique, but his strength is supposed to be power, and he looked like Byron Bell out there.

We had a coach and a system that was starting to work.

Instead of building on that, Tepper decided to rip it up and start again.

You can't just put 11 players out there in a new system and expect it to work.

Ickey was the best run blocking prospect in the draft, which is why we took him.