• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 4 big moves to help Bryce

CRA

So this front office made 4 free agency moves to aid/grow Bryce while also declaring it now a plug in and win now team. To date, I’d grade those moves as: 

Adam Thielen - A

Miles Sanders - D

Hayden Hurst - D

DJ Chark - C 

Heck that’s probably generous on Sanders and Hurst given their pay and being outplayed by freaking Hubbard and Tremble. 

• Pie 6

Thielen - A+

Hurst and Chark - D+

Sanders - D-

And you left one out...

Dalton - A

Dalton has more than done his job in being there to mentor Bryce, help him learn how to be a QB in this league, and then step in and play if/when needed.

Chark might get a C- if just based on his play itself, but when taken into account that he was given $6 million and supposed to be our #1 on the outside, D+ might even be too generous.  Same with Sanders, he's been a D- on the field, but take into account his contract and it's an actual F

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 5

Just went and looked at his contract, looks like we're probably stuck with him for next year as well, it would cost us about $750k of the cap to cut him.

And I don't mean that would be the dead cap hit, that means his dead cap hit is about $750k higher than his cap hit if on the team.

Even with as bad as he's been, I can't see them using $8.4 million of the cap next year to ask him to leave, just pay the 7.7 Million to have him be the most expensive backup in the league (and then eat the $3 million dead cap to cut him after next season).

Edited by tukafan21

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

Just went and looked at his contract, looks like we're probably stuck with him for next year as well, it would cost us about $750k of the cap to cut him.

And I don't mean that would be the dead cap hit, that means his dead cap hit is about $750k higher than his cap hit if on the team.

Even with as bad as he's been, I can't see them using $8.4 million of the cap next year to ask him to leave, just pay the 7.7 Million to have him be the most expensive backup in the league (and then eat the $3 million dead cap to cut him after next season).

This is why you don't give big contracts to RBs behind the best oline in football. It's fools gold.