• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC South Standings.... I'm not saying but.....

TheBigKat

10 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Colts should be a W

Bears better be a W

I mean ya know, there may be some meaningful football given how atrocious this division is

Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 10.01.58 AM.png

I mean, the Bucs are fuged.  They have Baker Mayfield as their QB (LOL).  Falcons just benched Ridder at halftime this week.  The Saints are as mid as they come right now.  This division is still WIDE ass open.  Might look a lot different 3 or 4 weeks from now. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

We barely squeaked out a W at home with a walk off FG this week to win our first game of the season.  

We aren't a should win several in a row type team now. 

We have the 30th ranked run D in the NFL.  Houston can't run.  Indy and Chicago both have top 10 run games.  NFL is about matchups.  That makes those specific weak teams bad matchups for us.  Finding a way to 1 of the 2 would be a good thing.   Expectations shouldn't be a 3 game win streak.  We aren't very good.   Both those teams are licking their chops too seeing us on the schedule thinking this is where they can get wins too.  

I call this stretch coin flip games.  Hard to think we will win all the coin flip games.  That wouldn't make them coin flip games. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

We barely squeaked out a W at home with a walk off FG this week to win our first game of the season.  

We aren't a should win several in a row type team now. 

We have the 30th ranked run D in the NFL.  Houston can't run.  Indy and Chicago both have top 10 run games.  NFL is about matchups.  That makes those specific weak teams bad matchups for us.  Finding a way to 1 of the 2 would be a good thing.   Expectations shouldn't be a 3 game win streak.  We aren't very good.   Both those teams are licking their chops too seeing us on the schedule thinking this is where they can get wins too.  

I call this stretch coin flip games.  Hard to think we will win all the coin flip games.  That wouldn't make them coin flip games. 

Careful before you get called a "miserable bastard" for stating the obvious.

14 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Every game should be meaningful despite what your divisional foes are doing.  And no, we are not catching the Saints, but that doesn't make our games any less meaningful.

every game is meaningful just for carrying momentum over for Bryce and since we don't have our 1st, losing has absolutely no value. being top 5 in the mid rounds vs. in the 10-20 range makes absolutely no difference, GM just has to do his job and pick the right players. 

I don't have any illusion of making the playoffs this year, if it somehow happens because the division sucks so bad then great, but at this point the focus is just Bryce's development and starting to show consistent competence. Seriously the team needs to just be focusing on 1 game at a time. Yes the Ron/many others cliche but it's how it needs to be looked at right now. 

And even if we win the next 2, all 3 of the other division teams have pretty easy games the next few weeks too, we may still be back 3 games in a couple weeks.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mage said:

The Falcons upcoming schedule is pretty easy.  Vikings (without Kirk), Cardinals (maybe Kyler plays though? but coming off an injury), and Jets.  

The Falcons just let Will Levis throw for 4 TDs in his debut. They’re capable of losing every game they play.