• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chubba Hubbard mass improvement

micnificent28

I've been saying he is our best back since last season. He may not be able to take the team on his back, but, but I view him as the second generation Nick Goings. He's a sneaky explosive north-south runner that can be very productive if he gets to the second level, and tear your ass up if he gets into the open field. 

Glad to see he's still working on his hands because he's fairly one dimensional right now, but can still move the chains occasionally with key catches.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

56 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

His hands were his weakness. Big props to him for putting in the work. 

And Tremble too. He’s looking much improved and it’s something else that it took Thomas getting “injured” for him to get on the field. He’s already shown more than Thomas ever had “imo”.

Both have stepped up this season. Not trying to take anything away from them, but I wonder if it's better throws? They've both dealt with some bad QB's in their time here. Looking back at their big catches yesterday, Young all but laid the ball in their hands. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

Screenshot_20231030_124945_X.thumb.jpg.684fe5ebf64be824aaae9448b93828d9.jpg

This guy deserves some respect. Goes to show the work you put in could change a players trajectory. I was seriously a Chubba hater during the Rhule Era because they were using him as a Change of pace 3rd down back and he couldn't catch literally anything. He dropped every pass thrown to him. Now his hands look pretty sure.. I dont think I have seen him drop one this Year.

Running hasn't really been his issue just his hands. I have never seen a guy change his ability to catch over such a period(maybe armanti edwards?) Props my guy should be the new starter...

Chuba is a dawg and I am happy to say I was wrong about him.  He's a 1200 yard back if you give him the bulk of the carries.  Hes got a really good burst, nice power and his hands have DEFINITELY improved.  I really like him. 

The Bills just signed Fournette to their practice squad.  He's been out of football since the end of last season, being released in the offseason per his request (didn't want to play for the Bucs after Brady retired).  Since Fitts loves to poach guys off of other teams PSs, lets give him about 2-3 weeks to get back into football shape and then sign him.  We need a big, between the tackles RB.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Ooof.  I agree Chuba is better than in the past, but being the best one of this RB group isn't a major accomplishment.  Take out his long of 8 yards and his average for yesterday would have been 0.7 yards.  Totaling 44 rush yards on the day, 33 by our trio of RBs is AWFUL...averaging under a yard per carry yesterday.

image.png.90f00443e9c216c0d83446b46e0c3efe.png

• Beer 2