• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luvu... Defensive player of the week

Jmac

18 minutes ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

UCE (short for Uso) would be a good chant to get going and hopefully stick. The commentators said that it's gaining traction on the locker room too, as it means BRO or BROTHER. It would be great to get some of my fellow Pacific Islander culture spreading in the Charlotte. 

I'm glad it's gaining traction.  We got to get this fanbase back.  Everybody remembers the joy of screaming "Luke" when #59 made a play.

We finally got another dawg at LB we can get behind like that.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Just curious, what's the sentiment in here on a Luvu extension?  He's my favorite player on the team and I'm probably going to be buying a Franklin Luvu jersey the minute he hopefully gets extended, but I know historically most of you are super opposed to paying big money to linebackers.  He will in all likelihood be getting paid big money...Roquan Smith just set the market earlier this year with a 5-year $100 million contract with $60 million guaranteed.

Pure off the ball I wouldn't pay, but as he is a good pass rusher go for it.

But as good as he has been I think we can lock him up around $10-12M

57 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

The more I think about it, the more I can definitely say that is the greatest LB performance I've seen in person since Luke in the 2015 NFC Championship game.

I don't know if everyone can truly appreciate what a special player you have to be to line up and beat an offensive lineman that has 60+ pounds on you for a sack on one play and still be able to effectively play coverage against a NFL caliber player on the next.

I know we have been spoiled as a franchise by incredible LB play, but Frankie's performance on Sunday deserves recognition on its own.  

Luvu wasn't 100%, our defense was decimated, and he still came out and did everything he could on defense to help get the win.  Definition of a champion!!

Chinn’s back to back touchdowns is the only performance since that compares for me. But insane as that was Luvu keeping his foot on their necks all game felt like Luke again.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

WTF!

A slap in the face to Luke. How quickly we forget Luke was the best defensive player in the league at his peak for multiple years.

Luvu is not that kind of talent sorry.

Slow down there.. hes not calling him Luke, but he is saying that was a Luke(esk) type performance... which is was.  

• Pie 2

I mean, if you look at Luvu's stretch of starts since arriving.  It's not Luke.  But it's probably better than Beason.  Obviously, it's not  fair sample size to really make that head to head but Luvu has been dang good. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, if you look at Luvu's stretch of starts since arriving.  It's not Luke.  But it's probably better than Beason.  Obviously, it's not  fair sample size to really make that head to head but Luvu has been dang good. 

Perfect comparison.  And Beason was a pro-Bowler so that's not faint praise.

Nobody else will ever be Luke, but we finally have another Pro-Bowl caliber LB.

If we could ever have the luck as a franchise on WR's or CB's we've had on LB's it would great.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

Just have to make sure Mrs. Luvu comes to every game now. EVERY SINGLE ONE!

Yeah bruh, Frankie was playing like I imagine Bobby Boucher would play if his mom supported him at Football games.

Frankie was going crazy out there. Well deserved!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Thorrez said:

Pure off the ball I wouldn't pay, but as he is a good pass rusher go for it.

But as good as he has been I think we can lock him up around $10-12M

I think $17-18M is probably more realistic, and that number is going up if Frankie keeps playing at the level he is.