• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If today we had Wilks at head coach, Darnold at QB, with CMC and DJ Moore + a different first round draft pick, what would our record be??

WarPanthers89

3 minutes ago, Hogan said:

And be stuck in the Twilight Zone with no hope/promise for the future. I for one am not even close to ready to say Young will not be a good NFL QB. Darnold? I'm sure he won't be.

I'm also sure that with Wilks, Darnold and Co. fighting for a division title, we would have no hope of landing Maye or Williams in the 2024 draft.

True but we could have had another 1st round pick this previous draft (the one we spent on Young) we could have selected a rookie QB to sit this year like Levis, another stud WR, or any other talent, and still have a 1st coming up in the next draft. That’s a team with pieces in place to compete compared to what we have now.

I'd say 4-4. The CMC trade was already pretty much done before Wilks had a chance to get things right and plus, I feel Wilks would've summed his inner Ron Rivera and ran him into the ground, so I'd still trade CMC. I don't think Wilks would've wanted to trade up all the way to number #1 so the Texans would've swapped with Bears and Bryce goes there. CJ would go to the colts, and we would've either done a small trade up for Richardson or stayed put at 9 and took Levis. Both of which would be sitting their entire rookie year unless Darnold got hurt as Darnold showed that he could effectively be a game manager in Wilks 2000s ground and pound offense. 

Edited by CmC2k

Would we have the 2022 o-line or the 2023 o-line?

Would we have all of our starters on defense or would half of them be on IR?

Dont really give a crap about maybes and mights. We’re 1-7 with a terrible team, a GM probably on the hot seat and an owner who thinks his wife should be involved in personnel decisions. 

All I know is we ain’t winning a SB any time soon.

• Flames 2

Wilks had Sam cooking. Power running game and using Darnolds arm talent to win 3rd down and get chunk plays was very effective. 

Last years roster with Wilks as HC is leading the division right now. We would have gone to the playoffs last year if Horn didn’t break his wrist .

9 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I'm just lol-ing at the monkey paw curse that this fan base put on itself. 

All I heard the last few off-seasons when I was arguing to keep Darnold or even Baker, was people were tired of the re-tread QBs because everyone was tired of 7 and 8 win seasons. 

Well you got your wishes bitches! We're YEARS away from sniffing 8 wins again. 

I banged the drum for a vet while we allow Corral to come back and develop.

Clearly I was wrong on Corral, but damn that was a cheaper way to fug up. 

11 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

True but we could have had another 1st round pick this previous draft (the one we spent on Young) we could have selected a rookie QB to sit this year like Levis, another stud WR, or any other talent, and still have a 1st coming up in the next draft. That’s a team with pieces in place to compete compared to what we have now.

No one really knows. But...had the Panthers done the above -- kept Wilks and not made the trade -- it would have been a nice gamble to draft Hendon Hooker in the 3rd round as your potential future QB. It won't surprise me at all to see him be very good in 2-3 years.