• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Evero become interim tomorrow?

Bear Hands

15 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I have no idea how you kick that field goal with piniero.

Everyone knows he doesn't have the leg, don't even blame the kicker, that choice was just asinine.

Despite converting 3 out of 3 on 4th down tonight, I just don’t think Reich had any faith in Bryce…and the pathetic passing game…to convert that 4th and 10. I believe that near INT on the play before the FG attempt probably had a lot to do with that decision.

As bad as we’ve been this year I’d have gone for it on 4th down. But, I don’t think we would have got it. All the Bears had to do was drop guys back to 1st down mark in pass coverage  and sit down. Our pass blocking is bad and Bryce isn’t much of a threat to throw a 10 yard pass in our offense.

6 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I think Tepper having a real say in the draft killed Reich.  I think he checked out shortly after that.  

All due respect, with the amount of money and pride at stake, I don't think anyone checks out at this level, especially nor a coach when you don't have a guarantee to ever have one of those 32 positions again if you fail, and Frank is on his second chance now...  so I don't think Frank checked out.  I honestly think there are too many cooks in the kitchen.  Yes, in my lrwvious post ITT, I said Frank was 100% responsible for the mismanagement in situational football, but this poo just doesn't add up from the outside.  Either he's overseeing poo as a HC that he shouldn't be and it takes away from his ability to manage the games, or someone else on the staff is overseeing poo that is usually the HC's duties and that is running interference with what he's used to and causes problems and miscommunication.  Regardless, I'm sure he's not trying to lose his job in purpose...  but I do think he wanted Stroud and Tepper forced Bryce on them and now they're trying to run an offense that he thought a archetypal QB with good size, quick release, and big arm would've been running with someone who is pretty much the antithesis of that.

• Poo 1

Are they firing Bryce Young too?  Crazy, but the QB usually is the catalyst for the offense and little man ain't getting it done with his tippy-toe hop throws.  The more I watch him, the more I think we whiffed.  People are pointing out that Eddy doesn't have the leg for a 59 yard kick on a cold outdoor night, but can't see a dude about as big as the average 16-year old high schooler can't thrown effectively-sh*tty mechanics to boot. Heck, I mean if he could just get his mechanics right he could get more mustard on the ball.  Cam had bad mechanics too, but had a rifle for an arm to compensate for it.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

26 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I think Tepper having a real say in the draft killed Reich.  I think he checked out shortly after that.  

Frank has been bad and frankly wasn’t great in Indy either but I’m convinced Frank and McCown wanted Stroud. They got Bryce instead because of Tepper and to a lesser extent Fitts and have been trying to make do and adjust the scheme for him. Unsuccessfully of course. I don’t think checked out is right but I agree I think that influence has impacted Reich’s ability to coach the team as he saw fit

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, t96 said:

Frank has been bad and frankly wasn’t great in Indy either but I’m convinced Frank and McCown wanted Stroud. They got Bryce instead because of Tepper and to a lesser extent Fitts and have been trying to make do and adjust the scheme for him. Unsuccessfully of course. I don’t think checked out is right but I agree I think that influence has impacted Reich’s ability to coach the team as he saw fit

Do you have any proof Reich wanted Stroud ?, because he made it clear to Tephead he wanted final say over the QB position 

Sounds like prime Copium , he sucks and his hiring set us back even further He should have never left Soldier field has the head coach of the Carolina Panthers 

Edited by Day1PanthersFan

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

Firing Frank does nothing, the offensive playbook and schemes are fuged

Brown can't install a completely new offense in 10 days

Does it even matter though lol. Can it get more embarrassing? At this point take that playbook and toss it in the trash and let them play backyard ball.